Since 1935, we’ve been on a mission to bring a little extra happiness to everyday life and inspire connections over food. We select the finest ingredients the world has to offer, craft premium products made with love, and never settle for shortcuts. We believe that when we share our food, we share a part of ourselves — and that’s the only way we’d put our name on it.
Today, our small family company has grown into a national leader in specialty olives, peppers, and sauces under the leadership of CEO Jeff Mezzetta, and our commitment to quality has never wavered. With an 80-year legacy behind us and a bright future ahead, we’re seeking passionate, driven candidates to help us bring our cherished family traditions to a new generation.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Ingredients:
- Crunchy Crunchy: We are hungry for excellence.
- Own It: We think and act as an owner – with appetite, initiative, and responsibility.
- Connection: We build authentic relationships that foster trust and open communications.
- Vibrance: We come to work eager and passionate about fulfilling our vision. When we share our work, we share a part of who we are.
Based at our American Canyon facility, the Maintenance Mechanics are key to running a continuous operation with little to no downtime. This allows us to meet the demands of our customers and get our products on the shelf and into consumer’s homes to enjoy. Keeping equipment in good working order is a must when it comes to producing the best quality products at the lowest cost. Multiple shifts are available.
- Proficient in start-up and change-overs for Line 1 and Line 2.
- Basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repair of line equipment (7 major assets). Required to train new mechanics on the assets known.
- Adhere to all PPE, GMP, FPQ, and HACCP requirements to achieve food safety standards.
- Record and document all necessary data for maintenance program (PMs, WOs, Parts use, etc.).
- Complete 100% of required Alchemy trainings (Personal Safety and Food Safety Training).
- High school diploma or GED is preferred
- Minimum 2 yrs. verifiable mechanical/electrical experience or coursework
- Must have good knowledge in the proper use of hand and power tools.
- Must understand safety rules especially LO/TO (Lock Out /Tag Out) procedures.
- Must follow direction from department Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Initiative – continually looking for opportunities to improve the set-up times or maintenance tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team to achieve successful completion of the work and support each other in a positive and uplifting manner.
- Safety and environmental awareness – be able to work in a safe manner at all times even when being rushed.
- The work environment is a food manufacturer. The machine operator may experience a wide range of ambient temperatures and humidity.
- It is also likely that the operator may be exposed to strong odors and fumes from hot peppers and other flavorful products processed within the facility.
- The position requires lengthy periods of standing, walking bending stooping, climbing stairs and possible working elevated platforms.
- The position may require using a workman cage to reach high elevated areas as needed.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace:
At Mezzetta, we embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where you know you belong. Part of that commitment includes a zero-tolerance policy and being an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Mezzetta are solely based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, family or parental status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law. All of us share in the responsibility of fulfilling this commitment and creating a culture where our team can thrive.