Chicago Meat Authority (CMA) is proud to have celebrated 30 years in the food industry. Located in Chicago’s historic Stockyards, CMA is a forward thinking processor of value added beef, pork, and poultry items with a strong focus on selling the Healthcare, Hotel, and Institutional Markets (HRI), meat purveyors, and Multi-unit regional and national chains up to and including big box stores. In addition, CMA specializes in custom cuts for further processors including but not limited to grinding operations, deli manufacturers, and the prepared entrée market.
CMA is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic that is highly motivated. This individual will be responsible for maintaining, testing, troubleshooting and repairing processing and packaging equipment, general utilities and buildings as required.
• Horizontal Form, Fill and Seal flexible film packaging equipment basic troubleshooting, basic repairs and basic maintenance
• Repair buildings as required
• Basic troubleshooting, basic repairing and basic maintaining of industrial electrical power and controls
• Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining vacuum systems
• Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining pneumatic and hydraulic systems
• Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining mechanical systems
• Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining of processing equipment
• Installation of processing and packaging equipment as required with direct supervision
• Measuring and cutting/drilling within established tolerances utilizing hand tools and machine shop equipment
• Welding of stainless steel and carbon steel, fabrication
• Running galvanized, copper and SS pipe installations, welding copper pipes
• Performing of preventative maintenance programs
• Must actively strive to meet or exceed company goals and standards
• Must be able to work extended hours, holidays and weekends if needed
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must be able to work in on environment that’s varies in temperature
• Must be compassionate but yet be capable of upholding all safety and work rules, policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A flexible work schedule is required. Be a self-starter with capability of making on the spot decisions.
Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division so as to calculate figures such as proportions, percentages and area. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• 3-5 years maintenance experience required.
• 3-5 years refrigeration experience preferred.
• Some technical school, electrical, or refrigeration experience preferred.
• Certification in HVAC/Refrigeration preferred.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push up to 80 pounds.
• High school diploma.
• Required to work overtime (including Saturdays).
• Required to wear all personal protective equipment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
• Follow all safety regulations and support others in working safely.
• Meat processing and/or refrigerated manufacturing experience preferred.
• Worked at least one year in each on the previous 3 jobs preferred.
• Ability to crouch and bend repeatedly.
• Ability to work with cold materials in a cold, humid environment.
• Competitive medical insurance.
• Pension plan.
• Meat purchase program.
Chicago Meat Authority, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here:
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf ; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
The pay transparency policy is available here:
Chicago Meat Authority, Inc. is committed to working with and pr oviding reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.