Position: Maintenance Mechanic
The primary role of the maintenance mechanic is to conduct general maintenance and repairs in the plant, including but not limited to plumbing, pneumatic/hydraulic systems, welding, machine work, electrical, HVAC, conveyor systems, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of mechanical, electrical and building related activities with minimum supervision.
- Perform mechanical and electrical installations
- Fabricate repair parts as required using machine shop equipment.
- Read and understand blueprints and wiring diagrams used in diagnosing mechanical or electrical problems; follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instruction, engineering specifications, and the like.
- Proven working knowledge of motors, drives, hydraulics/pneumatic systems, conveyors, etc.
- Perform construction projects.
- Repair and perform preventive maintenance duties on building and equipment as required and directed, which includes but is not limited to motors, conveyor systems, production machines and smokehouses.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical device failures and malfunctions, examine, and perform repairs to production and building equipment as required.
- Troubleshoot equipment by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments and diagnostic tools.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock and anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies. Prepare part orders as necessary for replacement parts or stock items.
- Assist in installing new equipment as required.
- Safely handle and store hazardous materials. Maintain safe and clean working environment.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion to facilitate work and minimize safety hazards.
- Work will be done in compliance with EPA, Hazmat and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Perform special projects as assigned by management.
- Experience in equipment maintenance, electrical and welding,
- Experience with Pneumatics and Hydraulics,
- Ability to withstand wet, cold (35-40F), humid and hot environments,
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, stand for extended hours,
- Must be able to climb ladders,
- Must be able to move heavy objects.
- Must have experience with the following machines: Handtmann, Frankomatic, Tiromat, Kwaltyi Tooling, Mince master and ALKAR Smokehouses.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, skills, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.
Bobak Sausage Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.