This is a full-time position within a fast-paced environment, engaging and collaborating with various departments. An opportunity for personal growth and professional development. The ideal candidate should be open to a flexible work schedule and able to support our production needs and equipment ensuring we are meeting deadlines and contributing to the company's goals. The Food Processing Production Mechanic will be responsible to troubleshoot, repair, and provide preventive maintenance on various equipment, machines, and the facility as needed. This role requires teamwork and strong communication skills.
- Follow lockout/tag-out safety procedures during service and repair. Use personal protective equipment as required.
- Comply with the rules and regulations set forth in the employee handbook, safety manual, and the GMP booklet.
- Performs repairs as needed.
- Reports equipment malfunction or breakdown and defective equipment to a supervisor as soon as possible, if unable to correct.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain basic industrial electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems.
- Minimize production downtime due to mechanical reasons through quick response.
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections and perform required preventive maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter change, and the like.
- Utilize a wide variety of hand, portable, and machine tools to perform assignments. Run services to new or relocated equipment (air, water, electrical).
- Perform packaging equipment setup and changeover including fine-tuning and necessary adjustment.
- Perform non-certified welding and simple machining operations as needed for repair and maintenance tasks.
- Provide technical guidance to Teammates.
- During peak season or base on company needs longer work hours are required.
- Maintains records of work performed on each mechanical device.
- Maintains inventory, materials, and spare parts on hand used.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
- Associates Degree, Trade School, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing facility or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language proficiency with Cantonese and / or Mandarin and / or Spanish a plus but not mandatory
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) a plus
This role will require the employee to remain in a stationary position approximately 50% of the time. The employee will occasionally move within the office to access office machinery, file cabinets, and collaborate with colleagues. Consistent use of office equipment, such equipment may include but not limited to computers, phones, printers, and copiers. The employee will be required to frequently communicate with both internal staff members as well as external vendors or customers and must be able to convey accurate information. This position may require repositioning or movement of equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change based on company needs as expressed by management.