Torn & Glasser located in Pomona, California is looking to hire 3 qualified Maintenance Mechanics responsible for the repair and maintenance of various food processing equipment, systems and related controls.
These are full-time, Monday thru Friday with some Saturdays, Openings on three shifts available: 5:00AM-1:30PM shift or 1:00PM-9:30PM or 9:00pm to 5:30am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides emergency / unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled preventive maintenance machine servicing when not working on emergency or corrective maintenance activities. Uses trade knowledge and skill set to troubleshoot equipment and facility based maintenance issues.
· Uses a range of skills including but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic. Recognize mechanical defects in equipment using touch, sight and sound and repair equipment in accordance with established GMP and safety procedures, and conforming to requirements of local building and safety codes.
· Proficiently use calipers, feeler gauges and micrometers.
· Is proactive in walking the facility and evaluating equipment health on a daily basis. Reports any problems found that need corrective action taken, and ensures a work order is raised to repair as required.
· Safely operates shop tools and equipment as required to make repairs and/or fabricate simple parts.
· Evaluates the job requested on the work order. Gathers all parts and tools required to complete the work. If parts are not available, works with the Maintenance team to acquire the parts, tools, or supplies.
· Assists in training production machine operators when required.
· Participates in Kaizen, Focused Improvement and other Continuous Improvement activities as required to support raising the efficiency of the plant.
· Some supervision of others
· Special projects as needed; other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
· High school diploma/GED required.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in repair, maintenance and troubleshooting in a food manufacturing environment.
· Strong mechanical skills as well of knowledge working with electrical components and wiring.
· Basic math and reading skills required.
· Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical concepts and operating safety.
· Demonstrated ability to use hand and power tools commonly used in electrical and mechanical trades.
· Basic knowledge of PLC operation.
· Demonstrated sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to work independently and with a team.
· Solid problem solving and decision making skills.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
· Compliance to GMP, Food Safety, Food Defense and Food Quality regulations as required by the company, customers and/or government legislation, including timely communication to appropriate facility management of any non-conformity issues or violations found.
· Compliance to all employee job safety requirements and regulations as required by company policies, including timely communication to appropriate facility management of any non-conformity issues or violations found.
It is the policy of Torn & Glasser not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
To keep our employees safe we have followed the OSHA and CDC guidelines by putting in plexi glass dividers, providing masks, temperature checks, and observe social distancing.