Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
- Maintains plant equipment by interpreting shop manuals and schematic drawings and through verbal instruction from supervision/co-workers.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity and ability to use hand and power tools correctly and safely.
- Must be able to operate shop equipment such as welders, lathes, grinders, and mills safely and accurately.
- Ability to retain and recall detailed technical information.
- Performs precise measurements and tests.
- Must be able to interpret ladder logic and basic control circuits.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Works in temperature extremes and high places, climbing ladder or hijacker.
- On occasion, works in flour/ingredient dust.
- Must communicate accurately with co-workers.
- Drives a lift truck and must pass licensing requirements.
- Lifts up to 50 lbs.
- Submits daily document reports.
- Basic computer knowledge to provide reports and/or data and documentation in various programs including Microsoft Office, SAP, and E-mail
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to ensure open and clear communication between team members, departments and/or customers
- Follow company policies and programs including but not limited to Safety, HAACP, GMP, SQF
- Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- The ability to diagnose mechanical problems and make repairs.
- Knowledge of standard materials, tools and equipment, and skill in the use and care of tools.
- All selected candidates will be required to pass a written, standardized mechanical test.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in both a one-on-one and a small group situation.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply, understand, and carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Manual dexterity required to operate machinery and computers.
- Willingness to work off shifts as needed. (Primary shift will be 2nd or 3rd).
- Advanced skills (Journeyman level) in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic, & Pneumatic Systems, Plumbing, Carpentry, and Piping Systems.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.