Non - Exempt
Reports to: Jordan Lindauer
Guided by our principals of Mutual Respect, Trust, Teamwork, Communication, and Responsibility, the Maintenance Mechanic will repair and maintain all plant equipment and machinery. This position is responsible for keeping the machinery at ACM operating effectively. You will assemble, inspect, install, and test new pieces of equipment to ensure proficiency. This person must be able to multitask, provide quick responses/solutions to unforeseen problems, and must always exhibit a professional, efficient demeanor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examines parts/machinery for defects and diagnoses electrical and or mechanical problems.
- Repair machinery, mechanical equipment, and computerized systems in accordance with blueprints, operating manuals, or manufacturer’s expectations.
- Lubricates, cleans, and performs preventative maintenance to equipment and machinery.
- Able to work on PLC controls, VFD drives, and instrumentation.
- Responsible for maintaining all tools and test equipment in good working condition.
- Accurately orders/ requisitions parts and materials.
- Perform other duties and projects as required.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Job change to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines
- Follows all safety guidelines; reports any work-related injuries to HR as soon as possible (no later than 24 hours)
- Ensures maintenance paperwork is filled out timely and correctly throughout the shift
- Maintains and proactively updates maintenance standards summary to increase efficiency
- Answers radio requests, email, and voice messages; Responds to questions and solves problems
- Informs Maintenance Manager of whereabouts, attendance, and activities; Proactively identifies problems and potential problems, and offers potential solutions
- Maintains a working knowledge of and adheres to company policies and procedures
- Collaborates with other departments such as Production, Purchasing, Warehouse, QA, HR and R&D regarding, equipment, and quality concerns, etc.
- Supports Maintenance Manager as needed
- Assists other departments as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities
Other Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required in this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Works independently and with others; Treats people with respect and consideration; Maintains a high level of professionalism and self-control; Leads by example
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Responds timely to requests for information, service, and assistance
- Gathers and analyzes information; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner using sound judgment and diplomacy; Supports and explains reasoning behind decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Shares expertise with others; Remains open to other’s ideas and tries new things; Is open minded and objective, trustworthy, honest, and ethical; Demonstrates a positive and productive attitude
- Gives and welcomes feedback; Applies feedback to improve performance; Contributes to building positive team spirit; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Strives to increase productivity; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Uses time efficiently; Aligns work with strategic goals; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Displays orientation to profitability
- Handles problems involving few concrete variables; Reacts well under pressure; Maintains confidentiality
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly; Reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Demonstrates consistency, reliability, accuracy, and thoroughness; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Shows respect and sensitivity toward cultural differences; Promotes a harassment and discrimination free environment
- Adheres to ACM Policies and Procedures; Upholds and supports ACM’s organizational goals and values
The minimum qualifications described below are representative of those that must be met or will be encountered by an employee while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties and responsibilities.
- High School education or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in a Food Processing environment
- Ability to read, speak and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos; To effectively present information in one-on-one and small group presentations to management, small groups, co-workers, and other employees of ACM; To speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; To listen to others without interrupting and seek clarification
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s; To perform these operations using units of American money
- Ability to create and carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions; Solid analytical skills are required; Must be self-motivated and pro-active; Must be able to work well with others
- Ability to gather and verify information, recognize, and define problems, analyze findings, draw conclusions, and present solutions
- Ability to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily
- Experience with PLC, VFD drives and Electrical is preferred.
- High level technician with Formax F26 Patty Machine experience
- Two to Five years’ experience with Meat Processing
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, move from one station to another, operate a pallet jack
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- The employee is regularly required to use repetitive motion and reach overhead
- The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle and feel
- The employee is regularly required to walk on wet, even, and uneven surfaces, reach with hands and arms, lift, and relocate up to 25 lbs.
- The employee is occasionally required to push, pull, balance, stoop, climb, kneel, bend, and lift to 50 lbs.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The production environment is refrigerated with temperatures ranging between 30 to 50 degrees
- The noise level is usually moderate to loud
All persons employed or associated with American Custom Meats are responsible for the quality and food safety of company products. The food safety and quality policies are summarized and communicated during training sessions.