Based at our American Canyon facility, the Maintenance Mechanic III performs troubleshooting analysis and subsequent repairs to the following types of equipment; Food production line, boilers, refrigeration equipment, buildings, lighting systems, power distribution systems, waste water systems, HVAC systems and other work in the maintenance field as required. This maintenance is accomplished for the reasons of safety, quality, efficiency and cost reduction / control. Effectively participates in work team activities and task assignments. Multiple shifts are available.
- Maintain tools and supplies to ensure efficient operation of the facility.
- Ensures that all equipment and process systems are operating safely.
- Establishes / adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
- Leading and participating on cross-functional /matrix teams.
- Ability to contribute to a positive work atmosphere by communicating with Internal & external customers, co-workers and management in a professional manner
- Ensure that all equipment and process systems operate in a safe, efficient manner with a focus on safety, driving productivity and minimizing costs.
- Performs preventative corrective and predictive maintenance in the following areas: welding, machining, equipment set-up/changeover, electrical blueprint reading, programmable logic controls, refrigeration, HVAC, boilers/boiler controls, equipment rebuilding, rewiring/wiring of panels and controls.
- Performs technical troubleshooting analysis and subsequent repairs, modifications and/or rebuilds on equipment systems and process systems.
- Makes recommendations related to equipment and process systems to facilitate extending the usable life, increasing the efficiency of, reducing the downtime associated with and obtaining a greater quality of output using innovative analysis and thought processes.
- Maintains an ability to operate those line and equipment controls necessary to un-jam, clear, stop, start and/or remedy production equipment stoppages in a safe and expedient manner.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Technical school training in maintenance areas desirable
- Minimum 3 yrs. verifiable mechanical/electrical PLC experience or coursework.
- Certifications – Formal apprenticeship certifications in maintenance skills desirable
- Must have good knowledge in the proper use of hand and power tools.
- Must have knowledge in stainless steel sanitary welding.
- Must have knowledge fabricating rebuild gearbox and overhaling equipment.
- Must have good knowledge of production line.
- Must have good knowledge of electrical, PLC Skills
- Must understand safety rules especially LO/TO (Lock Out /Tag Out) procedures.
- Must follow direction from department Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Excellent verbal and communication Skills – English skills required in reading, writing and verbal areas.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with clients, customers, co-workers and management.
- The work environment is a food manufacturer. The machine operator may experience a wide range of ambient temperatures and humidity.
- It is also likely that the operator may be exposed to strong odors and fumes from hot peppers and other flavorful products processed within the facility.
- The position requires lengthy periods of standing, walking bending stooping, climbing stairs and possible working elevated platforms.
- The position may require using a workman cage to reach high elevated areas as needed.
Since 1935, we’ve been on a mission to bring a little extra happiness to everyday life and inspire connections over food. We select the finest ingredients the world has to offer, craft premium products made with love, and never settle for shortcuts. We believe that when we share our food, we share a part of ourselves — and that’s the only way we’d put our name on it.
Today, our small family company has grown into a national leader in specialty olives, peppers, and sauces under the leadership of CEO Jeff Mezzetta, and our commitment to quality has never wavered. With an 80-year legacy behind us and a bright future ahead, we’re seeking passionate, driven candidates to help us bring our cherished family traditions to a new generation.