Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You can join, as well, Agropur#39;s extended family.
The Maintenance Mechanic II performs routine and break down maintenance on processing and packaging equipment. This position is responsible for keeping the plant running and in compliance with all rules and regulations by using safe methods of equipment repair/upkeep. The Maintenance Mechanic II performs repairs as needed by the department, troubleshoots processes, manages and performs preventive maintenance program, and assists with machine set ups and rebuilds. This position is also responsible for training Maintenance Mechanic I#39;s.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper function of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging and processing equipment, and utility systems.
- Successfully perform basic troubleshooting on Programmable Logic Control (PLC) systems.
- Be readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations.
- Accurately read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform preventative maintenance (i.e. conducting computerized preventative maintenance check-ups or reading SPC charts and data) as needed.
- Ensure proper function of the line manufacturing support systems (line/lube delivery, chemical deliver, ingredient delivery, process systems, CIP systems, operational support.)
- Accurately complete work orders in a timely manner to maintain high quality standards.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees; notifying them of problems and/or concerns that may restrict production efficiency.
- Complete all paperwork in a clear, legible and accurate format, including all required information and documenting in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP#39;s).
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by checking parts out of inventory and assigning them to the proper work order; report low supply levels to Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area, including maintenance shop.
- Adhere to Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS).
- Identify Critical Control Points (CCP).
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment to perform duties.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- This position requires the ability to work with dairy and nut products in addition to other related ingredients and allergens.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Associate#39;s or Technical School Degree in Mechanics, Electrical, Computer Science or Food Processing preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in food manufacturing maintenance required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in aseptic manufacturing maintenance required.
- Understanding of preventative maintenance programs required.
- Mechanic, pneumatic, hydraulic and basic electrical knowledge required.
- Experience with basic troubleshooting of PLC equipment required.
- Completion of basic Tetra trainings (Package Integrity, Capper, Cardboard packer, Fillers) or equivalent required.
- First Responder training and certification.
- Electric Lift certification as appropriate.
- Able to provide current, direct, complete, and "actionable" feedback to others, identifying issues and taking appropriate action.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Dedication to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, establish priorities, ability to multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues and individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Basic math plus fractions, decimals, percentages, rates, ratios and algebraic calculations.
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Able to exchange basic informational data (fill out forms/checklists, copy data from one record to another, etc.); interview to gather information; advise others on alternatives/options; coach and counsel others; read, understand and explain technical data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity