As one of North America#39;s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods ("CPG"), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care ("HPC"), over-the-counter ("OTC"), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 29 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America.
KIK Consumer Brands - Pool Division
KIK#39;s Pool Additives Division ("Pool") is a leading player in North America and key international markets with a broad brand and product portfolio spanning both the Mass and Specialty Retailer channels. We are well known for our Clorox® Pool&Spa™ products in the North American Mass channel, our BioGuard® brand in the North American, Australian and South Africa Specialty channel, and our Bayrol brand across Europe. Our multi-functional product formulations and innovative water testing innovations allow pool owners to safely and easily enjoy their backyard retreat.
The Maintenance Mechanic Lead for Grave Shift is within our Pool division located in Ontario, California.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for mechanical repair and preventative maintenance of facility and plant equipment.
- Responsible for all aspects of Filling such as set-up, changeovers, installations and running adjustment on production lines, troubleshooting, repair and fabricating equipment and working closely with production personnel.
- Installation, troubleshooting & repair of low & high voltage (single/three phase) industrial electrical & control systems for packaging lines, facilities & plant support equipment such as air compressors, sealer, boilers, pumps, water purification system, production plant & warehouse lighting.
- Maintain wiring to NEC standards and ensure any new wiring is within compliance. Upgrade outdated or unsafe electrical installations across the plant.
- Responsible for electrical emergency & scheduled maintenance tasks across the plant.
- Ensure assigned projects are completed timely, correctly, safely and to the highest quality standard.
- Maintain a clean working environment upon completion of assigned projects.
- Comply with plant safety, quality, GMPs, current standard practices and all other plant rules, policies/procedures.
- May be required to work directly with contractors regarding new or existing electrical issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of bottle and case coding equipmenT
- Maintain PM and repair of mechanical driven equipment, pneumatic systems, and hydraulic systems
- Maintain PM and repair of processing equipment; i.e. flow meters, density meters, temperature sensors, gas sensors, etc.
The above statement describes the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- At least 5 years experience in manufacturing or related field
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Advanced skills or trades training preferred
- Liquid fill experience preferred (filler, capper, drop packer, palletizer)
- Must have experience with Uniloy machinery
- Strong mechanical background and general building maintenance experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to read, interpret, electrical prints, schematics & document
- Must be able to use electrical diagnostic equipment such as multi meters, etc.
- Must have an understanding of electrical requirements for intrinsically safe environment
- Must have knowledge of Industry standard motion sensing & control devices
- Expert knowledge of DC & AC motors & drives (AB preferred)
- Read and understand the ladder logic schematics
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK#39;s retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, age, religion, sex, or national origin.