For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker#39;s, Folgers, Jif, Dunkin#39; Donuts, Crisco, Caf Bustelo, R.W. Knudsen Family, Sahale Snacks, Smucker#39;s Uncrustables, Robin Hood, and Bick#39;s. In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael RayTM Nutrish, Meow Mix, Milk-Bone, Kibbles #39;n Bits, Natural Balance, and Nature#39;s Recipe. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Nature and Scope:
To provide mechanical and basic electrical services required for the maintaining and troubleshooting of all production and facility machinery and equipment as well as fabricating, modifying and/or installing machinery and equipment as required. To assist in other areas of skills or trades as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
NOTE: These requirements describe the main duties of the job, but are not considered a detailed description of every duty that may be assigned or required to be performed.
- To attend all in house seminars and training to keep abreast of all improvements, modifications and changes to equipment, procedures and tasks. This includes having a current license to operate platform lifts and forklifts.
- To properly complete all required documentation including parts requisitions, repair orders and work logs in an accurate and timely manner.
- To work with different types of people and attitudes on a day to day basis, maintaining a professional and working relationship with other employees.
- To maintain a clean, safe work environment, making sure that after every repair or task is completed; your work area is clean before the end of your shift.
- To have a working knowledge of the different cannery process equipment and the components of the equipment so quality repairs can be completed safely and with minimal downtime.
- To be observant to detect and report potential machinery component failures to avoid process downtime.
- To be observant and willing to suggest changes or modifications on process machinery to help and improve effciencies.
- To work in all assigned areas as needed.
- To complete all work in a safe and quality manner; ensuring all policies, regulations and standards are followed.
- To install and troubleshoot production and facility equipment throughout all areas of the plant.
- To disassemble and repair or rebuild all mechanical machine components such as but not limited to gearboxes, bearings, roller chains, sprockets, vari-speed reducers, hydraulic and pneumatic motors and cylinders as well as various pumps used in the production processes.
- To satisfactorily perform welding repairs on various types of metal parts and fabricated equipment using different welding processes including T.I.G., M.I.G., oxy-acetylene and plasma-arc.
- To maintain proper fluid and lubrication levels in all equipment, in the scheduled work area, including gearboxes, airline lubricators, automatic greasers, etc. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Must have a high school degree or GED.
Must have a 3 to 5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.