The primary focus of the Maintenance Manager is to develop and lead maintenance teams across two facilities to ensure the production operation runs a peak performance and all of our facilities, environmental and utility systems are properly maintained meeting all applicable local, state, and federal code requirements. The Maintenance Manager and their organization will also interact with various team including operations, engineering, QA, R&D and Marketing in the new product process. Strong servant leadership skills will be required to be successful.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Field (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical) is required
- MBA is highly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to direct activities with professionalism and integrity.
- Proactive. Requires minimal supervision.
- Excellent project management skills: Understanding that the timing around much of what we do is driven by our customers and is not in our control.
- Excellent budget management skills, ensuring that spending is controlled, and each dollar is spent wisely.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and guide internal stakeholders effectively and to work cross-functionally and build strong collaborative relationships across the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advance computing skills of the Microsoft Office suite of applications programs (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Manage the MRO purchases, effective and legal health, and safety procedures.
- Strong understanding of the food production environment and can ensure compliance of GMP/HACCP/Legislative requirements and can ensure their team complies 100% of the time.
- Must be proficient in running and have managed a CMMS.
- Working knowledge of codes, standards applicable to an industrial environment.
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions associated with the mechanical and building trades.
- Analyze maintenance performance and initiate corrective measures where appropriate.
- Knowledge of REFRIGERATION / HVAC SYSTEMS.
- This is a 7 days operation with the requirement for the Manager to be available based on Business needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain the productions equipment, facilities (Interior, Exterior, Utilities, Waste Water Treatment System, HVAC):
- Ensure the periodic work orders are performed properly. Monitor and adjust both the work order and timing as needed to ensure peak performance.
- Diagnose and trouble shoot problem areas with your team and develop solutions. Ensure that all changes to the equipment or processes are vetted through a proper Change Management process.
- Recommend and justify equipment or other changes to drive improved performance.
- Constantly evaluate the performance of your team and grow their skills and properly manage performance issues maintaining dignity and respect of the individual.
- Constantly look for opportunities to save the organization money.
- Set appropriate goals and KPIs for the maintenance team. Monitor, manage and report against these goals through the organization’s LEAN initiative.
Maintenance Data Analysis:
- Ensure accuracy of preventative maintenance hours and assign cost for every equipment repair.
- Work with the maintenance coordinator to assure proper coverage of technical support, review the maintenance reliability of critical equipment per hour of operation or at a minimum, ensures that the leadership team is aware of downtime/efficiency on the daily performance of the equipment.
New Equipment Start-Up Performance:
- Ensures all new equipment delivers as projected, and training is completed for every member of the maintenance team.
- Review the gaps of maintenance performance versus world class indexes.
Daily Reporting Gap Analysis:
- Reviews daily production reports and works with Operations’ leadership to identify gaps in performance and ensures the integrity of the standard data in the ERP system.
- Responsible to ensure that reports are accurately reflecting what is occurring on the production floor and address any gaps in reporting.
Decision Making/Budget Management:
- Monitor budgets and implement strategies to achieve spending targets.
- Formulates and suggests work safety standards and enforces Company’s safety procedures. Risk prevention areas include hazardous materials exposure, accidents, fires, or other unsafe conditions.
- Lead, manage, train, develop, evaluate, and oversee multiple Maintenance Supervisors.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Determining timeframe: Never = 0 hours daily; Occasionally = 3 hours daily; Frequently = 3-6 hours daily; Constantly > 6 hours daily
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Be able to stand for at least an eight to twelve (8-12) hour period.
- Be able to lift, carry, handle and grasp at least 35 lbs (Constantly).
- Be able to lift, carry, handle and grasp at least 50 lbs (Occasionally).
- Be able to push and pull a wheeled pallet jack or rack to move items weighing up to 400 lbs.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from waist to overhead and be able to lift from the floor to waist up to 50 lbs (Occasionally).
- Be able to work in a cold environment in temperatures as low as 40 degrees.
- Be able to work in a heated environment in temperatures as high as 110 degrees.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Father’s Table is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation/gender identity, place of national origin and other categories protected by law are not factors in employment, promotion, compensation or working conditions