DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote, and foster Michael Foods culture, values and principles.
- Must observe and practice all Department/Plant Procedures including wearing the required PPE.
- Adherence to Plant safety, food safety, sanitation standards, and following all GMP guidelines.
- Ability to conduct investigation, and report communications accurately of all incidents and work-related injuries
- Ensure adherence to EHS policies and procedures.
- Take an active leadership role on an EHS Safety Team
- Ensure that workers are equipped with the information, instruction, training and supervision that they need to work safely.
- Identify, assess if necessary, and control hazards within their area of responsibility.
- Encourage early reporting of incidents and follow through of corrective actions.
- Assist with initiating an early return to work on suitable duties after a workplace injury.
- Disseminate EHS information to all workers.
- Ensure that workers including volunteers and contractors are aware of, and abide by all relevant health and safety procedures, particularly those relating to the operation of Plant & Equipment.
- Develop safe work procedures as required and ensure adherence to procedures.
- Provide PPE as required and ensure workers are aware of correct usage and storage requirements.
- Ensure all Plant & Equipment is properly maintained
- Maintain relevant knowledge of EHS issues.
- Act as a role model by demonstrating safe work behaviors.
- Core Competencies
- Leadership - Lead department team members to ensure quality, delivery and cost are continuously being improved to achieve company objectives.
- Ability to balance Maintenance (tactical and strategic) initiatives that align with Plant business strategies.
- Transforming organization from reactive organization to a proactive organization by utilizing Michael Foods Inc. (MFI) Reliable Manufacturing Strategy as defined and provides inputs to improve the overall company’s strategical plan.
- Participate in acquiring talent within maintenance organization. Includes interviewing, recruiting, selection for salaried and hourly team members. Actively support recruiting events and talent pipeline efforts through Michael Foods Business Sponsorship Program and Operations Internship Program.
- Partner with Quality and Production to resolve production-related and vendor-related issues.
- Utilize CMMS to support maintenance functionality, includes reviewing and prioritizing work requests, work orders from Shift Technicians and work order results daily.
- Utilize internal-plant maintenance team and corporate reliability team to define lubrication, predictive, preventive and precision maintenance strategies at asset level to drive performance improvement.
- Assist/develop the implementation of Capital and Plant productivity projects in a timely manner.
- Support OEM and Contractor visits as needed.
- Able to acquire certification in as an CMRP, CPR, First Aid and PIT (powered industrial truck) equipment to include Forklift Operation.
- Assist in establishing, developing and implementing key performance indicators in areas of responsibility to meet/exceed department and Plant objectives.
- Creates and fosters team environments that demonstrate genuine concern for personal and professional development of all employees by providing team members opportunity for development to their full potential through Maintenance Skills Program, and through the timely completion and execution of Development Plan and Performance Management evaluations.
- Drive continuous Improvement initiatives by partnering with corporate reliability team and corporate capital team to ensure improvement in equipment uptime and OEE, while reducing annual cost per asset replacement value. Participate in daily walkthroughs and provide pointed feedback (through self or others) all the while maintaining a floor presence in the assigned work area.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations or Applicable technical knowledge or Degree/Certification from Trade School is required
Minimum of 5 years of proven leadership or supervisory experience in industrial operations or maintenance or utilities operations is preferred
- Ability to diagnose and repair of all mechanical power transmission equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, process pumps, control valves, sensors, positioners, actuators, manifolds, vacuum systems, air filtration, lubrication devices and basic electrical AC/DC Troubleshooting and related system.
- Read and decipher mechanical drawings, schematics, and piping diagrams.
- Experience in the installation, diagnosing and repairing mechanical equipment through troubleshooting required. Electrical troubleshooting is a plus.
- Skilled or Knowledge in welding, sanitary welding, pipe fitting, soldering, rigging application and use of mechanical tools, hand tools, and power tools.
- Skilled or Knowledge in machine shop to fabricate within specific tolerance using various measuring equipment Vernier, calipers, and depth gauges etc.
- 480v 3 phase knowledge required. Knowledge and practice of NFPA 70E is preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of personal/process control computers, programmable logic controllers (PLC), and Networking devices a plus. Allen Bradley experiences a plus.
Good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in both one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to participate analytical, planning, problem-solving, and small project management skills.
- Ability to be flexible to shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Proven ability to effectively lead teams by successfully motivating and coaching others including strong follow through, communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate in a team environment and build, positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
- Proven analytical, planning, problem-solving, and project management skills. Statistical process control and problem-solving skills is required.
- Proven conflict resolution skills; be able to think through relatively complex issues and arrive at well-thought conclusions.
- Able to impact and effect positive changes with a flexible, open-minded, positive approach
- 3+ year working with and participating in LEAN manufacturing principles and activities. Ability to demonstrate and explain LEAN principles.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
- Competent in using Microsoft Office and CMMS System (Preferably SAP).
- Ability to travel for training and continuous improvement activities
- Ability to endure daily excessive walking, standing, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching.