Working at Astor Chocolate means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. What we love to do every day is have fun and change the world one chocolate a time. You too can join the Astor family!
CHOCOLATE. A simple luxury that brings smiles to faces of people the world over! And it is our passion every day at Astor Chocolate. We’ve been making Belgian chocolate products for decades in the European style of our founding family ancestors. Since 1950, Astor has come to be known as a leader in Hospitality, Travel Retail, Food Service, and Private Label chocolates. Through investments in people and technology, we have also become known as an innovator in custom graphics, printing, and chocolate. From the First Class cabin of an Airbus 380, to the stateroom of a luxury cruise ship, from the penthouse suite of a 5 star hotel, to the snack shop of a major University, from the gift shop of an International airport, to the grocery store down the street, we’ve been making our consumers smile! As a family owned and operated business, our culture is rooted in dedication, devotion, innovation, team work, social responsibility, and most of all, a commitment to the success of our employees and customers. As we look to the future, and the NextGen of the Astor business, we are looking for smart, hardworking, like-minded people who want to play their part in this ongoing American success story!
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the organization. This position coordinates and manages all aspects of maintenance for the manufacturing facility.
- Initiate, implement and manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the food industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Manage the work prioritization process, monitor and audit Maintenance department’s performance to ensure a timely execution of work orders.
- Diagnose downtime causes and reasons for equipment failure and develop strategies to eliminate through the improvement of reliability of machines.
- Design and coordinate plant preventive maintenance plans and optimize preventive and predictive maintenance using the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Mentors and motivates maintenance staff, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal and professional growth. Communicates performance standards, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
- Ensure that all equipment and building repairs are performed with the utmost safety of staff in mind as well as meeting food safety procedures are adhered due to while performing maintenance duties.
- Oversee, select and coordinate internal, external and/or third-party work to effectively manage, facilitate and maintain overall maintenance, upkeep, integrity, of the company’s building/structure, grounds, equipment, plumbing, flooring and HVAC systems.
- Closely monitor projects to ensure they are completed as planned and that funds are utilized properly as well as managing budgets.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, water, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Identify and implement projects that improve efficiency, minimize downtime, increase production capacity and reduce costs.
- Five plus years managing a maintenance department in a food manufacturing facility with varying equipment types and function.
- Success in driving employee skill development through an aggressive focus on coaching, mentoring, training and motivating maintenance team members.
- Hands on approach to all challenges and opportunities.
- Significant record of achievement with regard to lean manufacturing support, continuous improvement, and breakdown reduction.
- In depth knowledge of troubleshooting automated packaging machinery operation, food processing and sanitation, and maintenance scheduling.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment, facility management practices, electrical operations, advanced process controls, power generation, pneumatics, thermodynamics, welding, and machining.
- Utilize a working knowledge in troubleshooting typical facility support systems including hot water, compressed air, and refrigeration.
What we offer you?
The ability to flex your wide varying skills in an entrepreneurial environment while building a strong maintenance department to support our growth and we will support your growth!
Astor Chocolate has defined itself by selecting the finest chocolate and packaging concepts. Astor applies the same devotion to selecting and developing the best people.
Visit us @ www.astorchocolate.com