At Johnsonville, our members are responsible for everything! If you#39;re passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Since 1945, Wisconsin-based Johnsonville has proudly made our products in the U.S.A.! Our family-owned company has grown from a small butcher shop to the No. 1 national sausage brand. We employ 2,000+ members. Johnsonville products are enjoyed in 45 countries and served in 130 sports stadiums throughout the U.S.
Johnsonville Sausage, LLC
Maintenance Manager - Watertown Facility
The successful candidate will be expected to lead, motivate, drive results, and facilitate learning for Members to achieve safety, quality, productivity, customer service, environmental, and sustainability results. In conjunction with this they will be responsible for building Leaders and Members along with enhancing ownership and personal accountability for the future.
- Exemplify and advocate the Johnsonville Way every day
- Lead the development of strategic direction for the facility Engineering and Maintenance Teams.
- Coach and develop Leaders and Members to higher levels of success and responsibility thus creating readiness pipelines for your areas of responsibility
- Lead cross-functional teams comprised of various functional areas within the organization.
- Drive the Maintenance Team to maximize equipment safety, quality, availability and performance
- Develop and maximize the use of preventative (PM) and predictive maintenance (PdM) programs to drive plant performance
- Drive the implementation of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) methodology and the tools that support this initiative
- Act as a back-up environmental resource and incident commander for the facility
- Drive continuous improvement efforts that will facilitate the creation of safety as a way of life which will lead us towards our goal of 0 IFR year after year
- Drive product cost improvements by knowing the costing details and leading/implementing cost improvements
- Widen the circle of engagement and ownership with members in the areas of safety, food safety/quality, cost of goods manufactured, customer service, member development and BPTW.
- Create and sustain an environment that ensures member involvement and implementation of programs, ideas, and guidelines
- Ensure compliance with USDA standards
Bachelor s Degree. (Experience and business knowledge will be considered for internal candidates, however must be willing to pursue a bachelor s degree)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership/coaching role with significant involvement in developing Members to greater levels of responsibility
- Experience in the food industry is preferred, but not required
- Experience in strategic planning processes
- Experience with Robotics a plus
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledgeable in sanitary design principles and specifications
- Commitment to personal growth as well as the proven ability to develop those around you to higher levels of responsibility
- Proven ability to successfully facilitate projects in a team-based environment
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Proven track record of project management success
- Proven ability to drive results in regulatory compliance programs within the various governing bodies (OSHA, USDA, EPA, DNR, NEC, and Life Safety Code)
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, MS Project (or equivalent project management software), and AutoCAD
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement and innovation
- Willing to take calculated risks
- Demonstrated drive to achieve results
- Learning agility
Travel:up to 5-10%
Member Status: Ex. Fulltime, Salaried
Reason for Posting: Member Promotion
How to Apply:
For Internal Members: Log into myVille. Click on the Member Central link. Click on Home, then Careers and apply for the position titled "Maintenance Manager - Watertown Facility.
Please apply by February 19th, 2020.
External candidate: Apply online only at: http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.