We are More Than Just Tacos! Mission Foods is a subsidiary of GRUMA, the world’s leading producer of tortilla products and an important competitor in other categories, such as tortilla chips, taco shells and flatbreads such as wraps, pita, naan and pizza dough.
Mission Foods is seeking a talented Maintenace Manager for its Rancho Cucamonga facility. This position reports to the Plant Manager, he/she directs, plans, controls and monitors the overall operation of the maintenance department to ensure the continuous ability of the equipment to service our customers while maintaining high standards in quality, food safety, and safety and meeting the department’s budget.
- Develop, implement and follow-up plans to accomplish departmental goals and objectives.
- Direct supervision of Maintenance Supervisors.
- Perform safety and sanitation audits and participate as an active member in the safety, quality and food safety committees.
- Conduct training sessions for the department employees as needed.
- Purchase all materials required for the operation of the department including safety equipment.
- Monitor and ensure work order system operates effectively (ensure safety, food safety and other operational work orders are addressed promptly).
- Ensure equipment performs in a safety manner and complies with all the OSHA regulations.
- Keep employees informed on factors relating to their work assignment, work progress, and opportunity for advancement.
- Responsible to maintain and improve the preventive maintenance program and ensures the preventive maintenance scheduled is followed accordingly
- Responsible to ensure all plant equipment is properly maintained per manufacturer recommendations and in accordance with the preventive maintenance schedule
- Responsible to modify and/or suggest modifications to the equipment upon management approval, to improve its overall performance, safety or food safety operation.
- Train mechanics and production personnel in troubleshooting techniques and equipment operation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Management, Engineering, Business or related field and 5 years of experience in Maintenance in a manufacturing plant required. Bakery or food/beverage manufacturing preferred. With a minimum of 3 years of experience in a managerial/supervisory capacity in a manufacturing environment required. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of local, state and federal electric codes.
- Certified for PLC programming e.g. Allen Bradley or equivalent preferred.
- Experience installing, programming and troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Variable Frequency Drives and all types of AC and DC electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Able to read and make proper installations of complex electrical circuits from wiring diagrams.
- Experience installing and repairing electrical conduit, cables, piping, and tubing, including all necessary connections, controls and grounding.
- Able to disassemble, repair and reassemble gear boxes, fans conveyors, blowers, compressors, pumps, valves, furnaces, drives and all allied mechanical equipment related to electrical troubleshooting
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing oven combustion and safety devices.
- Possesses working knowledge of hydraulic, compressed air systems and be able to read complex diagrams and troubleshoot these systems
- Experience Installing and repairing pneumatic conduit, cables, piping, and tubing, including all necessary connections, controls and grounding.
- Possess working knowledge of the following equipment:
- -MIG/TIG/ARC welding equipment.
- -Gas & Plasma cutting equipment
- -Power tools such as drill presses, cut off saw, lathes, mills, and table tools.
- -Electrical test equipment such as voltmeter, megger, ammeter, diode and SCR tester.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferre