Are you looking for more than just a job? The culture at Mountaire is one of our greatest strengths and most valued assets. We maintain the same core values and family-focused work environment that we’ve operated with since day one. You will find that your peers, supervisor and team members are genuinely committed to, not only your success, but also working together to provide high-quality products to our customers. We are a service to one another and to our customers, demonstrating operational excellence and outstanding performance.
New hires that embrace our vision strategy can expect to share in the commitment to shape our success and have a path towards future growth opportunities within the company.
Position responsibilities include:
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation of processes
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality
- Plan and oversee all repairs and installation activities of equipment and/or future installments
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when needed
- Manage expenses and control the maintenance budget
- Implement CER requests
- Oversee vendor relationships with contractors and service providers
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Allocate workload and supervise staff
- Training and development of subordinate staff
- Organizing, motivating and maintaining an effective maintenance program to ensure the facility performance objectives are met
- Perform various maintenance tasks as needed
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties
- Proactively provide feedback to leadership regarding hazards in the workplace and deal with emergency situations
- Ensure compliance with all company, state and federal rules, regulations and guidelines
- Develop and adhere to job safety analysis regarding all potentially hazardous tasks
- 5 years proven maintenance manager experience required; poultry processing experience highly desired
- Degree in related field preferred, experience will be considered in lieu of education preference
- Valid Certified Maintenance Manager (CMM) is a plus
- Understand product flow, ergonomics, maintenance and sanitation practices
- Ability to maintain and provide weekly reports to leadership
- Ability to maintain and repair all production facility equipment in a manner that minimizes downtime
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical duties that need to be performed on plant systems
- Ability to determine root causes, diagnose issues and restore systems/processes and estimate time, cost, materials and scheduling as necessary for completion of projects.
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Able to:
- Handle multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Positively interact with all customers, contractors and vendors
- Walk, sit and stand for long periods of time
- Physically travel to all areas of the plant
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance – Your well-being is important to us!
- 401K – You are our future and we want to help you plan for yours.
- Education assistance – The more you know, the more you can help shape the company’s future.
- Profit sharing – We believe in contributing to the success of everyone.
- Vacation and holiday pay – We know you will love your job, but a good work life balance is important.