This opportunity is with a leader in the food industry. Their culture focuses on continuous improvement, with a need for leaders and workers who want to improve efficiency, reduce waste, and enjoy finding ways to add value. The company is recognized as a world class manufacturer by its peers. Despite challenges faced by food manufacturers in the United States, this company has experienced vast amounts of growth in a short time period, offering applicants an attractive opportunity.
similar job titles: Chief Engineer, Production Maintenance Manager, Complex Maintenance Manager
Location: Northwest OH region
Job Description: The Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading, developing, managing and executing all aspects for maintenance with customers, suppliers, local and corporate-wide employees and the manufacturing staff. The incumbent is also responsible for the supervising, training and mentoring members of the Maintenance department. This position exists to ensure the production equipment is properly maintained in order to produce and package all products.
Personal Description (does this describe you?):
- Excellent with creating strong interpersonal relationships.
- Capable of handling high pressure situations
- Capable of handling professional critical feedback.
- Excellent communicator, speaks frankly, and doesn’t sugar coat.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/technical-related field is required.
- Five (5) – Seven (7) years of related work experience, including experience managing and leading a Maintenance department in the Snack Foods or Bakery industry.
- Experience working with large commercial bakery ovens a must.
- Intricate knowledge of equipment and processes, broad background and great mechanical knowledge. Several generations of equipment are used, from battery powered to PLC equipment.
- Familiar with PLC jargon; PLC troubleshooting a plus.
- Experience with automation projects, line improvement projects
- Experience with facility maintenance.
- Exposure and understanding of Continuous Improvement; certification not required.
- Management experience with reliability initiatives.
- Experience with root cause, predictive actions, and preventative actions.
- Extremely good time management skills.
- Basic electrical & HVAC
This job offers the following
- Outstanding opportunities with a world-class organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- 401k + 10% bonus
- Opportunity for career advancement.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
- Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?