SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for coordinating and assigning overall duties, policies and procedures within the maintenance department including the use of MMS (Maintenance Management System). Assist production to ensure that all processes are in compliance within the specifications and standards. Provides training and any resources needed within the scope of work.
- Serves as frontline leader for maintenance personnel.
- Assists production to monitor machine productivity, downtime and reduce waste to standardsl
- Assigns work tasks to other mechanics, assist maintenance supervisor with scheduling and monitor workloads.
- Installs, operates, maintains and checks all types of mechanical equipment as directedl
- Actively participates in the HACCP team, responsible, but not limited to internal auditing, training, implementation and corrective actions.
- Ensure that mechanics perform PM using MMS assigned equipment list.
- Perform PM and repair work in accordance with AIB and GMP principals.
- Performs preventive maintenance, inspections, adjustments and repairs as indicated on the formal CPMS program. Completes work orders and assigned work as directed by supervisor.
- Follows Company, GMP and Safety policies to ensure compliance with the HACCP program and AIB gold Standard.
- Follows all food safety principles and legal requirements.
- Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promotes teamwork.
- Completes all reports and paperwork as required for company record keeping
- Works in a safe manner, observing all safety requirements.
- Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years general, industrial maintenance experience required.
- Previous Leadership experience preferred
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above
- Food processing experience preferred.
- Hydraulic, electric, mechanical or Air Systems knowledge.
- Ability to read semi-complex diagrams and assist in troubleshooting systems
- Electric test equipment such as voltmeter, ohmmeter, mehger, ammeter, transistor, diode and S/C tester
- Mig/Tag & Arc Welding equipment
- Industrial machinery
- Ability to lift at least 50 lb.