- Maintenance Journeyman - Mechanical
This position is responsible for maintaining the bakery equipment, in a safe and efficient manner. Maintain open and reliable communication with co-workers on equipment operations, safety and operating status.
- Prepare, test and troubleshoot all production lines prior to start-up in a timely manner.
- Promote and adhere to safe work practices in the bakery i.e. lock-out procedures
- Work in accordance with company policies, departmental procedures, good manufacturing practices, and workplace health and safety regulations
- Carry out duties as specified by Maintenance Manager and Supervisor
- Timely and accurate completion of all paper work on repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Repair production equipment in a timely manner, using blueprints and manuals.
- Carry out minor building maintenance and repairs.
- Perform basic welding with both Arc and TIG, as well
- Maintain ongoing communication with other departments and assist in continuous equipment improvement.
- Problems solve, analyze and identify waste areas and recommend solutions.
- Install new equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Carry out equipment modifications to improve product quality and reduce downtime.
- Understand Pneumatic and hydraulic systems and can demonstrate skill by applying the knowledge.
- Must be able to rebuild, electrical 3 phase motors, rebuild centrifigual, positive displacement and gear pumps, gearboxes and mechanical systems.
- KNoweldege and understanding of Freon refrigeration systems, HVAC and hot water and steam boiler systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of dry and wet sprinkler systems.
- Understand material handlgin systems and can demonstrate skill by applying the knowledge.
- Be able to replace all power trainsmissoin parts, belts, chains, pullys.
- Be able to align and install all prime movers.
- Knowldege of gas fired equipment and gas trains.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good understanding and application of English oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to understand the scheduling process, quality training and safety policies and procedures after training completion
- Ability to punch in an out for every break/ shift with company time clock system
- Able to work shifts and understand scheduling processes.
- Trouble shoot equipment problems.
- Capable of managing multiple projects on a timely basis.
- Punctual and organized.
- Capable of heavy lifting
- High sense of urgency and ownership of ones work
- Able to work with minimum supervision in a diverse team environment
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- Post-secondary school education in a technical field or trade certification as Millwright
- Knowledge of SAP
- Basic welding, fabrication and machining skills
- Able to read hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and diagrams
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems
- Certified in WHMIS/MSDS program.
- Knowledge of PLC
- Experience in machinery installation & rigging.
- Red Seal Certified Journeyman Millwright with a minimum 2 years experience
- Familiar with computerized maintenance management databases (SAP)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physically capable of performing repeative function such as reaching, bending, lifting, and spreading
- Physically capable of standing for long periods of time and lifting 20 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.