TX Dallas (Autobahn Dr)
Job Posting Title:
Maintenance Job Description
- Follow safety policies/practices including enforcing safe work practices. Provide training and communication on all safety related work orders
- Tested and/or demonstrated knowledge to operate, adjust, troubleshoot, and fix mechanical and electrical systems on equipment such as: dry ingredient fillers, cartoners, case packers, palletizers, robots, metal detectors, checkweighers, code daters, labelers, glue systems, etc.
- Proficient in repairing or replacing defective mechanical and electrical parts.
Demonstrated proficiency in the following electrical systems:
- Allen Bradley PLCs i.e. ControlLogix
- Panel Views
- PCs (camera vision systems)
- Ethernet Networking
Be active member of line start up, assist operations in changeovers as needed:
- Attend shift handoff meetings.
- Participate in the Weekly Maintenance Operations Review.
- Train other operations and technicians.
- Able to use proper techniques to lift or move equipment with a forklift or hoist by means of cables, slings or chains, dollies.
- Lubricate and clean parts
- Identify proper safe cleaning procedures for parts and machinery.
- Knowledgeable of proper greasing and oiling methods.
- Tested and/or demonstrated knowledge in welding and fabrication.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems i.e SAP.
- Writing work notifications, looking up work orders, finding equipment, finding and checking out parts.
- Creating paper requisitions for parts, materials, supplies, vendors, contractors, etc.
- Receive in parts in SAP and put in proper bin location in Parts Room.
- Advanced ability and knowledge in 110, 220, 480. Be able to run both communication and electrical wiring and repair electrical equipment.
- Electrical safety Training, lock out/ tag out/ live dead live
- Able to read an electrical print, know where to go for basic information on NEC.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair 110-volt, 220- volt and 480- volt circuits to include motors and control circuits.
- Replace circuit boards and components as needed and remove and replace motors after determining with a meter that they are not serviceable.
- Maintain Maintenance work area in accordance with Food Safety standards such as BRC & AIB standards and follow product safety and sanitation regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard work, 5S, Maintenance GMPs.
- Accountability of parts and requirement of cleanup of work area after work is done prior to moving on to the next job or call.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement events and projects.
- Will be responsible for mentoring other Technicians.
- Also responsible for indirectly mentoring other production employees (Tech Leads, Bay Leads and Machine Operators) on how to run and maintain machines.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associate Degree in Trades Program (apprentice, millwright, journeyman).
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in manufacturing environment.
- Valid driver#39;s license
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read in English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
SCHEDULE: Primarily a 2/2/3 12-hour schedule on either nights or days. Will be required to work opposite or extended shifts to cover for call-ins, vacations, STD, or LTD.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None at hire-required to obtain forklift, aerial lift, electrical certification within first 6 months.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of production maintenance.
- Knowledge of pneumatics, power transmission, bearings, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical systems.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Full understanding and compliance with the company#39;s safety procedures and policies.
- Basic math and measuring skills.
- Skill in operation of company tools and equipment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Organizational, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to think and react quickly, ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to make independent judgments, which have moderate impact on the organization.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity and cost.
EQUIPMENT USED: Forklifts and aerial lift equipment, pallet jacks, hand tools, electrical tools, computers, etc.