Job Posting Title:
Maintenance Intern- 1st Shift
SUMMARY: This position supports all Manawa Sturm Manufacturing locations in the following areas: 1) maintain infrastructure of both interior and exterior which includes buildings and grounds; 2) maintain utilities as defined below; 3) support engineering and R&D by relocating and setup of equipment for trials and 1st Production Runs; 4) assist with preventive maintenance asset care when lines or departments are not scheduled or during shutdowns; and 5) coordinate all tasks and assignments for summer help.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Safety & Inspection
• Insure 5S standards are being maintained in all Utility and Maintenance Garage locations.
• Fabricate and install safety guards, covers, and doors. i.e. Lexan, stainless, etc.
• Properly load and install strapping, bracing, and/or padding of equipment onto truck to prevent shifting or damage while in transit.
• Support EHS safety audits and line startup audits by insuring follow-ups are completed in a timely manner that apply to infrastructure and utilities.
• Insure food safety and maintenance hygiene processes and system are being followed to prevent foreign matter and cross contamination.
• Conduct regular inspections of interior and exterior areas of all buildings to seek out potential problems.
• Follow safety policies and procedures, especially permitted programs such as Roof Permit and Hot Work Permit.
• Maintain areas in accordance with BRC & AIB standards and enforce product safety and sanitation regulations.
Infrastructure (Buildings & Grounds)
• Ability to have basic electrical knowledge such as 110 electrical.
• Ability to change out light fixtures, ballasts, emergency exit signs, emergency lights, outlets, plug ends.
• Operate PIT#39;s for interior and exterior maintenance: lift truck, scissor lift, boom lift.
• Maintain grounds by performing the following: moving snow, cutting grass, repairing roadways,
repairing washed out areas, etc.
• Interior and Exterior wall, floor, and ceiling repairs of different materials i.e. steel, drywall, concrete,
• General Building Maintenance: repair roof leaks; painting; plumbing such as sinks and drains; door
repair including frames, openers, locks, and screens; bollard installation and removal; caulking;
• Add and remove safety yellow line stripping and STOP#39;s
• Replace HVAC filters at Downtown and OMC locations.
• Erect fencing and caged areas as needed by Business Units.
• Responsible for overseeing the Universal Waste storage and handling of bulbs, ballasts, and batteries.
• Shovel loose materials such as sand, salt, gravel, metals into containers.
• Basic mechanical knowledge to troubleshoot and fix items in infrastructure, utilities, and asset care
• Office Furniture and Office Cubes: move, relocate, assemble, install.
• Complete daily rounds of air compressors; fill out daily log sheet and noting any items out of range.
Follow-up internally or with 3rd party on corrective actions.
• Complete daily blow down of boilers; fill out sheet and noting any leaks or issues. Follow-up internally
or with 3rd party on corrective actions.
• Responsible for completing chemical treatment of boilers at Downtown, OMC, and Building 30.
• Follow PM schedule for HVAC filter changes on interior and exterior units at Downtown and OMC,
including roof top units.
• Electronically enter test results of applicable utility equipment and submit to 3rd Party#39;s or OEM#39;s.
• Relocate and move equipment between locations and set in place for R&D trials and/or 1st Production
Runs. Follow proper loading and unloading of equipment by hand and/or with lift trucks.
• Complete basic preventative maintenance on equipment during down days, plant or department
shutdowns and startups as assigned and prioritized by Business Need. Includes lubrication and
cleaning of parts.
• Perform maintenance work on facility equipment such as lawn mowers, grounds tools, etc.
• Perform shop fabrication that may require metal saw, drilling, welding, etc.
• Support and assist with TPM as needed.
• Coordinate the activities of college and/or technical school summer help for interior and exterior of
buildings at OMC, Downtown, and Building 30.
• Using CMMS (SAP) determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities for summer
help based on priority and skill of team members.
• Evaluate the performance of summer help and provide periodic feedback to Maintenance Supervisor.
• Insure summer help is following human safety and food safety policies and procedures.
• Compete work-order and purchase order paperwork as needed.
• Knowledge and ability to use SAP to include writing work orders, looking up work orders, finding parts
and writing requisitions to order parts. Insure SAP is kept current for infrastructure, utilities, and asset
care with assignment of labor and/or parts accordingly.
• Setup for company celebrations and functions. i.e. tables, water, ice, tents, etc.
• Collaborate with SAP TPM Planners, Maintenance Leads, and Maintenance Supervisors to ensure
customer needs are met.
• Insure shift handoff is completed and/or communicated on the following: open outstanding issues;
-major issues that occurred; safety or quality events; etc.
-Other duties as assigned
EQUIPMENT USED: Forklifts and aerial lift equipment, pallet jacks, hand tools, electrical tools, computers
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: Food Manufacturing GMPs, Employee PPE-hearing protection, safety glasses, safety shoes, gloves, Electrical PPE as required by NFPA 70E
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Indoors 70%, Outdoors 30%
LIGHTING: Overhead fluorescent
NOISE LEVEL: Hearing protection required in applicable areas
HAZARDS: Cement floor, product spilled on floor, knives, moving forklifts, chemicals
WORK DAY: Core hours of 1:00pm to 9:00pm - shift overlap required and weekends as needed. Flexible hours based on Business Need.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: Work independently and self-directed. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and assignments at one time.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly lead up to 3 college or technical school summer help. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization#39;s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; providing feedback on performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Prefer one to three-year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak, coach, give and receive employee/customer feedback effectively with groups or individual employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as weights, measures, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.