MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN-Richmond, CA
Making Better Happen for 150 years
At AAK, our company purpose is Making Better Happen and we have been doing it for 150 years. We specialize in sustainably sourced plant-based oils that are used by major manufacturers in making products that we eat and use every day, products you love, like chocolate, veggie burgers, candles, cosmetics, lotions, organic products and more. We are seeking colleagues who want to be part of our ambition to make a better environment and be a better neighbor in our communities. Everything we do is about Making Better Happen together
Join us in building a better future with us as a Maintenance Electrician. The Maintenance Electrician performs complex technical work, on a journeyman level, in the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, service, and repair of electrical systems, equipment, fixtures, and related electro-mechanical systems in accordance with applicable Electrical Industry Codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, temperature/ pressure and flow devices both field indicators and sending devices to PLCs.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots electrical distribution and protection circuits up to 480VAC.
- Executes work in a safe and expedient manner according to the following priorities:
- Emergency corrective maintenance daily and call-ins
- Execution of capital and maintenance projects.
- Audit preventive/ predictive maintenance
- Routine corrective maintenance
- Provides practical solutions to operations problems.
- Inspecting & testing elements of electrical systems to locate and diagnose faults
- Performing required repairs through replacement of inoperative parts or re-wiring of circuits in accordance with industry codes
- Participates in scoping, estimating, and executing small capital / maintenance projects under the direction of the maintenance manager/ project director/ operations, etc.
- Responsible for analyzing test results for irregularities and documenting irregularities in maintenance log
- Trains other employees based on their needs and company needs.
- Reduces the likelihood of an interruption of electrical power to critical operations by monitoring and repairing regulated power supplies to computer systems and equipment requiring constant voltage with minimal fluctuation
- Oversees the work by contractors as required on site to assure safe and quality performance
- Promotes preventative maintenance as a strategy in maintaining electronic test equipment and mechanical tools by keeping accurate records
- Looks for opportunities to help work get done safer, faster and more cost effective
- Minimum of 5 years electrical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Technical education in trades, project planning and management
- Ability to interpret wiring diagrams, blueprints, and electrical schematics
- Computer literacy is required
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
Your rewarding career and benefits include:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental and vision) starting 90 days from date of hire
- Company funded union pension plan
- Union 401(k) plan
- 12 paid holidays
- 80 hours of paid time off available after 1 year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on travel, amusement parks, concerts, movies, and more
- Celebrations, events, and activities on site and supporting our communities
- Amazon AwardCo recognition incentives for service and peer to peer recognition
We take responsibility, together with you, for health and safety and for creating a workplace that values diversity and inclusivity. Our leadership is committed to unleash your potential. We believe that a diverse team brings new perspectives and ideas to the table and motivates us to Making Better Happen in everything we do together. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and foster a work environment that’s welcoming and accepting so that anyone who applies or joins AAK has equal access to opportunity.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen™