For more than 100 years, Purina has led the charge in revolutionizing pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. Our factory in Crete, NE is one of the largest wet pet food manufacturing facilities in the U.S. as a mass producer of over three million cans of wet pet food per day, which include our Alpo, Purina ONE, Pro Plan, Friskies and Purina Veterinary Diets brands.
As an Electrician at our Crete facility, you will be responsible for maintaining, upgrading, and troubleshooting all plant electrical systems, control systems, and electro mechanical equipment that you are assigned to in a safe and cost and effective manner. Your role in the bigger picture is to manage the preventative and predictive maintenance, troubleshoot PLCs, and to improve the functionality and safe working order of our manufacturing equipment and machinery. This position is scheduled for 3rd shift Monday through Friday as well as every other weekend. So, if youre up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. Well always challenge you to think: Whats Next?
- Apply basic electrical and electronic principals in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of plant systems
- Troubleshoot and maintain plant electrical and electronic equipment to competent level including operator interfaces, PLCs, process controllers, power supplies, etc.
- Make minor repairs on general plant machinery such as fans, blowers, conveyors, belts, mechanical and screw conveyors.
- Perform simple repairs on piping installations such as replacing leaking fittings, replacing valves, etc.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain switch gear, control wiring and components, overcurrent and overload protection for plant motor(s) including three phase systems
- Read, update and create electrical prints and documentation
- Follow all plant safety rules and work rules
Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
1+ years of Maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial, technical, automotive or military environment OR 2 Year Technical Degree