Rich s has been able to pull off something rare in the business world: a culture that successfully blends the latest business practices with family values. That means our associates are able to work for a great company while also benefiting from a work environment that fosters world class professionalism combined with family intimacy. Our benefit offerings are reflective of this unique blend of Life, Work and Family .
Do you want to work for a great company while also benefitting from a work environment that fosters world class professionalism in a family environment? Then Rich Products is the place for you! We are a world leader in the production of quality food products. An opportunity exists at our Fort Erie Ontario manufacturing location for a Maintenance Electrician. This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of electronics and electrical equipment on the plant floor. The preferred candidate will have a 442 Electrician Ticket and experience with Allen Bradley PLC programming. For more information or to apply on line please visit https://careers.rich.com and type "Fort Erie" in the search by location box.
The Maintenance Electrician performs electrical preventative maintenance functions and is responsible for keeping production and electrical equipment operational.
- To respond quickly to any calls from production to keep electrical equipment operational and ensure production runs smoothly.
- To receive and complete electrical work orders and preventative maintenance work orders when assigned by maintenance team leader.
- To sign and date all completed work orders and PM’s. To record all problems or observations that should be brought to the attention of team leader.
- To make sure all food safety standards are followed.
- To troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic failures on various types of machines.
- To select, install, and repair busways, flexible and rigid conduit, cable trough wire, and communication wires.
- Read, interpret and revise ladder logic, distribution, and fluid power drawings.
- To work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment preferably in the food industry.
- Experience working with Allen Bradley PLCs and VFDs
- Knowledge of TPM (Total Productivity Manufacturing) and experience working with Fanuc Robots would be assets for this position.
- High school diploma
- Must be able to perform various skills associated with the trade.
- Lifting, bending, walking, crawling, climbing stairs and ladders while obeying and observing all safety rules, GMP rules, and food safety procedures.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Team work is an essential part of this position.
- Variable environment.
- 12 hour shifts.
Rich Products provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rich Products complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing nondiscriminaton in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Please contact our HR department if you will require assistance with our recruiting process due to a disability.