MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN- -Richmond, CA
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Visit us at www.aak.com
Join our global Production Team at Richmond!
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen within the Chocolate & Confectionary, Bakery, Dairy, Candles, Plant-Based Foods, Special Nutrition, Foodservice and Personal Care industries. AAK specializes in plant-based and organic oils that are sourced sustainably. AAK innovates new formulas and provides ingredients to major manufacturers to make chocolate silkier, plant-based burgers juicer, bakery products and pizza crusts flakier and crispier, and candles burn better.
At the heart of AAK is our Passionate, Collaborative, Accountable and Agile team Making Better Happen. We are innovating and manufacturing ingredients for food products that people love to consume, candles, personal care products like lotions and lip balms, even infant nutrition formula and adult specialty nutrition drinks.
Join our 3,900 colleagues throughout the world who are dedicated to Making Better Happen with diversity and inclusion, community relations and environmental responsibility.
AAK in 60 Seconds - Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomfOX1x2q4
We are currently seeking to hire a Maintenance Electrician for our Richmond, CA manufacturing facility.
The Maintenance Electrician performs complex technical work, on a journeyman level, in the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, service, and repair of electrical systems, equipment, fixtures, and related electro-mechanical systems in accordance with applicable Electrical Industry Codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, temperature/ pressure and flow devices both field indicators and sending devices to PLCs.
- Ability to modify PLC logic for process changes and improvements.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots electrical distribution and protection circuits up to 480VAC.
- Executes work in a safe and expedient manner according to the following priorities:
- Emergency corrective maintenance daily and call-ins
- Execution of capital and maintenance projects.
- Audit preventive/ predictive maintenance
- Routine corrective maintenance
- Provides practical solutions to operations problems.
- Inspecting & testing elements of electrical systems to locate and diagnose faults
- Performing required repairs through replacement of inoperative parts or re-wiring of circuits in accordance with industry codes
- Scopes, estimates and executes small capital / maintenance projects along with maintenance manager/ project director/ operations, etc.
- Responsible for analyzing test results for irregularities and documenting irregularities in maintenance log
- Trains other employees in light of their needs and company needs.
- Reduces the likelihood of an interruption of electrical power to critical operations by monitoring and repairing regulated power supplies to computer systems and equipment requiring constant voltage with minimal fluctuation
- Oversees the work by contractors as required on site to assure safe and quality performance
- Promotes preventative maintenance as a strategy in maintaining electronic test equipment and mechanical tools by keeping accurate records
- Looks for opportunities to help work get done safer, faster and more cost effective.
- Minimum of 5 years electrical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Technical education in trades, project planning and management
- Ability to interpret wiring diagrams, blueprints, and electrical schematics
- Computer literacy is required
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
AAK promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™