At Shearer s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Maintenance Automation Technician
Pay Rate: $42/HR Shift: Mon-Friday Days Some Saturdays based on business needs.
The Automation Technician continuously evaluates the existing process control systems for reliability of control and effectiveness. In fulfilling this role, the Automation Technician works closely with team department members, maintenance, and operations to provide day-to-day technical support on process control systems and process control related tasks. In addition, they will be the plant liaison for new system start up and commissioning by all outside controls contractors and system integrators to ensure proper transfer of documented PLC program changes and adequate training on the installation/changes that have been completed
- Automation Technicians must work to arrange for repair and replacement of instruments and control systems that fail to operate. They must continuously monitor all operation processes so that a malfunction is immediately recognized and corrected.
- Provide day-to-day technical support on process control systems and process control related tasks. Support implementation of new projects by configuring control modules, batch programs, and HMI graphics.
- Continually improve process control systems through Advanced Process Control, Alarm Management, and Operator Interface Optimization.
- They will be the plant liaison for new system start up and commissioning by all outside controls contractors and system integrators to ensure proper transfer of documented PLC program changes and adequate training on the installation/changes that have been completed.
- Responsible for integration of PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, Servo Drives, and process controls.
- Work as part of a team to plan, analyze and control the quality of processes.
- Responsible for training of end users on the operations of newly installed or modified process control systems.
- Provide technical training to lower level personnel.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years maintenance experience in industrial control system development and troubleshooting.
- Must have proven experience with the following PLCs: Allen Bradley Micrologix or Micro800 , CompactLogix & ControlLogix.
- Proven experience with HMI or SCADA programming and configuration
- Experience with Allen Bradley VFDs
- Must have proven experience with the following industrial networks: EtherNet/IP.
- Strong PLC skills with expertise in system administrative and maintenance activities, and hardware and software troubleshooting.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!