Perform diverse duties on and around Plant grounds to include special projects, basic rebuilds and preventative maintenance in a safe manner and in an hygienic environment. Meet or exceed maintenance schedules by maintaining basic equipment, assisting the maintenance team on various projects, and keeping in line with the preventive maintenance schedule all while continuing Industrial Maintenance education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities\:
- Perform diversified duties to maintain a clean and hygienic environment both inside and outside facility
- Assist maintenance team on project work and various minor maintenance functions
- Perform scheduled rebuilds of facility equipment and production equipment
- Assist maintenance team with repairs to include, pneumatics, electrical, mechanical, robotics, and conveyer systems on production equipment and facility equipment
- Learn to read and interpret equipment manuals and electrical blueprints both through continuing education and on the job training
- Assist maintenance team to diagnose issues, repair and replace parts, test and make necessary adjustments
- Follow preventive maintenance schedule to keep facility equipment and production equipment at peak performance
- Learn to detect faulty parts or equipment before failure, when possible
- Effective entry of work orders in computerized maintenance management software (CMMS)
- Use a variety of hand tools, power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Effective operation of computer, keyboard, mouse, tablet, HMI, and cameras
- Effectively communicate with members of staff at all levels in a professional manner
- Actively participate in company safety meetings and be a proponent of employee safety
- Follow all GMPs and all other company quality and food safety programs as they relate to the maintenance department
- All other duties as assigned
- Entry level Mechanical and Technical capacity
- Basic familiarity of CMMS
- Communication skills
- Willingness to learn and take constructive criticism
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday-Friday 8\:00 a.m.5\:00 p.m. flexible schedule will be expected for hand-on learning and educational requirements, subject to business needs
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position will require minimal travel, if any.
Education and Experience\:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be willing to continue education in a classroom setting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and Skills\:
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus, but not essential. Must be able to operate a computer, tablet, HMI and cameras.
Work Environment and Physical Demands\:
Approximately 90% of work is performed in a refrigerated or sub-zero environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, twisting, feeling, fingering, crouching, crawling and climbing during the entirety of shift. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 lbs. Vision abilities require close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus with or without corrective lenses. This position works with a variety of tools that vibrate.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicants consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
An Equal Opportunity Employer