Denninger Limited is one of the finest food companies in the world. For more than 60 years, quality has been the founding criteria of our company. Denninger’s has five retail locations, a manufacturing plant and a warehouse all
located throughout Southern Ontario.
Denninger’s associates are hand picked to provide the best service in the industry. If you have a passion for customer service and thrive in a team environment, Denninger’s is the place for you!
- 20% discount on products
- Competitive Salary
- Deferred profit sharing plan (DPSP)
- Rewarding and fun work atmosphere
- Career Advancement
- Training opportunities
Responsible for detecting and troubleshooting irregularities and malfunctions in food production machinery. This position is permanent full time and based out of our Manufacturing plant. Traveling to our various retail stores in the
Greater Hamilton Area is a job requirement. The schedule is 40 hours a week Monday to Friday with occasional weekends. The schedule will fluctuate depending on maintenance needs.
Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assists with identifying equipment breakdown causes; repair and rebuild mechanical equipment required for operations, as well as other store machinery
- Assist with general building maintenance repairs and basic construction work
- Maintain food manufacturing equipment through consistent preventative maintenance
- Inspect/remove/replace/repair of belts, chains, small motors and gearboxes, conveyors, pneumatic valves and cylinders
- Take plant readings and maintain log book and maintenance log book
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safe food handling practices are being followed
- Ensure all equipment operates safely and all plant GMP standards are met
- Adjusting machinery and repairing or replacing parts as required
- Respond to store maintenance calls with efficiency
- Adhering to H&S policies and programs
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Hands-on experiences troubleshooting packaging, production and material handling equipment
- Proficiency in all hand tools and power tools, including cutting, grinding and brazing
- Capable of basic electrical troubleshooting
- Must be able to read and interpret machine schematics, sketches and blueprints
- Required to work on the ground under machinery and work in coolers or freezers.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
Essential Job Functions
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time. Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders.
- Bend and twist the upper body, reach above and below shoulders
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 25 pounds, push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing and fine manipulation of tools
- We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Post secondary education with mechanical trade qualifications an asset
- Experience with refrigeration or plumbing is considered an asset
- HVAC skills an asset
Submit your application directly to the hiring manager by clicking on APPLY
R. Denninger Limited is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the
workplace. If you are contacted by R. Denninger Limited regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the
interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
1289 Upper James Street, Hamilton
699 Guelph Line, Burlington
284 King Street East, Hamilton
Battlefield Square, Stoney Creek
2400 Lakeshore Road West, Oakville
Meat Processing Plant: 55 Brant Street, Hamilton