Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Fabricates and assembles structural metal products such as framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, and other machines with stainless steel for the food industry by layout and plans sequence of operations according to mechanical drawings and written and verbal instructions.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or their designee.
- Assist or perform preventive maintenance on equipment to maintain in good working condition.Be active in preventative maintenance program, daily plant fundamentals, and all safety procedures.Handles maintenance emergencies as necessary.
- Must have knowledge of electrical installation. Required to troubleshoot PLC, VFD and 3-phase electrical. Able to troubleshoot and repair lighting circuits.
- Assist with or perform the troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and plumbing systems.
- Assist with or perform the troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment (HVAC/R).
- Assist with or perform major equipment overhauls.
- Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret shop/engineering drawings.
- 3 years experience in a food manufacturing environment requiring knowledge of Tig welding, and Mig/Mag welding.Able to discern correct welding applications.
- Maintain interior and exterior of the buildings, install light bulbs, paint interior or exterior, make roof repairs, etc. Construct and demolish walls, and perform other carpentry duties.
- Demonstrated ability to use SAP EAM. Maintains records in accordance with Company policy.
- Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
- Demonstrated adherence to FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices(GMPs), OSHA standards, HACCP, and sanitary processes/procedures.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity immediately.
- Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies and systems and engineering concepts.
- Overtime hours may be required based on work demands. Employee must be flexible with these hours.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Technical certificate in HVAC, refrigeration, mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing repair is required.
- Experience working in a maintenance department, preferably in an automated food processing plant preferred.
- Knowledge of equipment set-up, functions, operating procedures and preventative maintenance techniques.
- Basic knowledge in programmable logic controllers (PLCs) preferred.
- Other skills and experiences could be refrigeration, plumbing, industrial electrical and mechanical systems and maintenance, and automated food manufacturing process controls and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret work orders, operating manuals and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to read blueprints, logs and electrical drawings.
- Ability to complete forms detailing maintenance work performed. Working knowledge of spoken Spanish preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand complex mathematical equations.
- Ability to interpret graphs and diagrams preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance software preferred.
- Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet software.
- SAP computer experience preferred.
**This job description should not be viewed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities related to your position. Your position will necessitate performing duties and tasks that are not outlined herein. Aspire Bakeries makes no guarantees as to the nature and scope of the work performed by this position and retains the right to change an employee s position or job description at any
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.