Machines include Mitsubishi ST40, Fellow 10-4, no. 7's. no. 3, Barber Colman 610, 16-36, 16-56, Microns, Koepher 153, Gleason Tag 400 grinders, Broaching machines, Honing (a plus). The position sets up, adjusts and operates the listed machines by performing the following duties:
- Reads blueprint and/or job methods for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as feed rate, tool speeds, depth of cut, fixtures, and tooling to be used.
- Installs and adjusts holding device and fastens specified grinding tools in position to enable operator to produce finished work-piece to specifications.
- Selects and sets speed and feed of machine according to type of operation and specified material and finish.
- Starts machine to obtain first run work-piece and verifies dimensional tolerances.
- Changes and sharpens cutting tools and adjusts operation of machine such as speeds, feed rates, or depth of cuts, when required.
- Replaces parts on machines such as bearings and filters.
- Instructs operators or other workers in machine setup and operation.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; two years minimum related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, auditors and employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as ratio's, basic math and shop math. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.