Machine Operator – Full Time
Friday - Sunday: 6:00am - 6:00pm
Rate of Pay: $19.74
From the bluffs of the Mississippi River in Winona, Minnesota, The Watkins Company has been crafting award-winning gourmet products since 1868. Known for world-famous Vanilla Extracts, Cinnamon and Black Pepper, Watkins products have been family favorites for generations. As a leader in gourmet flavoring, The Watkins Company continues to be innovative in categories including the All Natural Baking Vanilla Extract, Organic Extracts, Organic Spices & Dry Seasoning Mixes, and natural Baking Decorations & Food Coloring that do not contain artificial dyes.
The Watkins Company has an opening for a Full Time, Machine Operator, located in our Winona, MN location. The duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Operate production lines at pre-determined speeds in accordance with established standards.
- Perform line change oversight on production lines.
- Address minor maintenance situations on equipment before, during, and after production runs.
- Inspect and evaluate equipment for operating defects and keeps Maintenance advised regarding status of equipment repair or replacement.
- Provide work direction to line workers (Utilities) and assist in training new employees.
- Perform general housekeeping and cleanup on and around lines during down time and at the end of production runs.
- Monitor and evaluate finished product for safe quality control standards.
Our ideal candidate will have at minimum:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED and demonstrate applicable reading and math skills.
- Base line knowledge of general mechanical functions to assist in repairs.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead by example on our production lines.
- The ability to adapt to changing working environments.
- Strong problem solving skills and utilize deductive reasoning to evaluate solutions.
- Successfully completed and passed a strength assessment examination and be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
In addition to working in a strategic, dynamic and collaborative work environment, with a tight knit team, The Watkins Company offers a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance as well as a generous PTO package available upon hire and 401k.
The Watkins Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.