Who You Are:
You are an experienced fabricator/machinist who thrives on innovation. You are excited to work alongside designers and engineers to continually develop new, 100% unique machines in-house to be implemented into our state-of-the-art factory. You approach each day with flexibility and a willingness to learn and grow in your skill sets. You have a strong creative streak and flawless attention to detail. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment that rewards results. You are just as comfortable working on a team as you are working individually. You are self-motivated to get work done and take pride in your work. You are a jack of all trades in a shop environment and welcome feedback and being pushed to grow.
Who We Are:
SaltWorks® is more than the largest and most successful specialty salt company in the world. We are a state-of-the-art manufacturer, a print and digital marketing juggernaut, an innovator in machine engineering and development, a leader in sanitary machine and parts fabrication, and the standard bearer for food quality and safety – and that is just some of what we do. We’re proud to set the standard for success in our industry. SaltWorks is currently experiencing explosive industry growth and opportunities, so we’re seeking an experienced fabrication shop machine operator to join our vastly skilled (100+ person) team.
- Set up and operate machines in shop environment including HAAS VF4 CNC, press brake, lathes, Bridgeport vertical mill, waterjet, etc.
- Machine parts and verify conformance for production
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functionality, machine capabilities, and quality
- Position and align components for fabrication, welding, and assembly, either manually or using hoists
- Utilize ingenuity and engineering drawings to prototype new ideas for production
- Passivate welds
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work area
- Interpret, read, and review prints from drafting to ensure accuracy and provide feedback when necessary
- Receive and act on feedback from engineering team and co workers
- Grain and finish using all types of abrasives to exceed SaltWorks aesthetic standards
- Complete all paperwork and timekeeping records for maintenance and job costing
- Exceptional work with all general shop equipment, pneumatic and electric
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years machining experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency using CamWorks for CNC programming
- High School Diploma or GED required – a technical school certificate in precision machining or welding is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of weldment fit-up and structures.
- Working knowledge of TIG/GTAW welding of stainless steel and sheet metal to exactitude
- Proven ability to read and understand blueprints, detailed shop drawings, and welding symbols
- Resourcefulness and ability to change direction/multitask
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Fabrication shop environment that requires standing, lifting up to 50lbs unassisted, bending, stretching, and walking throughout facility during each shift. PPE is worn throughout each shift.
All SaltWorks Employees are held accountable to food safety and quality standards that are communicated in job descriptions, during onboarding training, annual refresher trainings, posted policy statements and posted GMP and HACCP reminders. All Employees are responsible for reporting food safety and food quality problems to a Manager for immediate correction.