At Shearer s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Machine Operator - Guelph, Canada
Afternoons Shift Start Times
2:30 PM - 10:30 PM and 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Nights Shift Start Times
8:00 PM - 6:30 AM Sunday - 10:30 PM to 6:30 AM Monday-Thursday
9:00 PM - 7:00 AM Sunday - 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM Monday-Thursday
Hourly Pay $18.46 - $20.46 an hour (in addition, .30 shift premium for Afternoons and .45 shift premium for Nights)
Your seat at the table
Our Oven Room (Machine Operator) Team Members work as Batter and Crme Operators, as well as Spreaders, preparing batches following precise recipes. Each of these roles are integral in the creation of our bakery products.
- Required to perform all duties required within the Baking Department. This would include, but may not be limited to Cream Spreader Operator, Batter System Operator, Crme System Operator
- Lift bagged ingredients with a weight of 23kg to an opening of mixing vessels. (example: bagged sugar, bagged flour, and bagged dextrose)
- Measure ingredients following batter and crme recipes
- Maintain records of material use and production
- Assemble, disassemble, and clean tooling as required by production while keeping the work area clean
- Respond to machine faults
- Break, re-grind, push into a grinder and change re-grind buckets as required
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as sweeping, light equipment cleaning as required
- Follow all work instructions
- Follow all company policies and procedures while working
- Completing all other duties as assigned
What you bring to the table
- Strong communication skills must be able to accurately express information concerning product quality and safety
- Responsible for ensuring that the work they perform meets the Company s product Quality expectations
- Responsible for knowing Ovenroom lockout procedures
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to perform simple calculations
- Individual must be self-motivated, detail-orientated, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have good time management & organizational skills
- Work well within a team environment
- Physically capable of heavy lifting (50 lbs)
- Self-starter, working with minimal supervision
- Must follow all safety regulations while working
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan and the opportunity to work with some great people.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Shearer s Foods Canada, Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
This is your invitation to apply now!