Job Title: Machine Operator- 2nd Shift
Operates two plant machines simultaneously as directed and specified while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures to produce a superior product or (2.) Operates one machinery while packing and stacking simultaneously as directed and specified while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures to produce a superior product. Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to machine metallic and nonmetallic workpieces by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations.
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in toolholder (chuck, collet, or toolpost).
- Positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Sets up fixture or feeding device, starts machine, and turns handwheel to feed tool to workpiece or vice versa, and engages feed.
- Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant or cutting oil against tool and workpiece.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machines and equipment other than machine tools such as welding machines and flame-cutting equipment.
- Ensure product specification, HACCP, label verification and other quality measures are in compliance.
- Ensure all housekeeping, environmental, and GMP’s are maintained and adhered to.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.