The Machine Maintenance Tech, holds a general responsibility for facility or production equipment throughout the manufacturing facility with regard to all controls, electrical projects, and equipment repair. The technician will support all Maintenance tasks related to preventive maintenance, updating, repairing, optimizing and installing existing and new equipment.
- Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support electrical projects initiated by Maintenance work orders, Maintenance Management or Project Engineering Personnel.
- Troubleshooting and repairs, performance of preventive maintenance, provide programming changes when required.
- Communicate information to others in an informative way. Individual must be able to provide detailed guidance to other maintenance technicians, and to be able to complete tasks with general supervision from the maintenance management.
- Provide electrical assistance while providing support for facility renovations, equipment installations, maintenance work orders, etc.
- Read and understand construction and machine blue prints, including machine drawings, building construction floor plans, electrical drawings, schematics for pneumatic, gas supply, vacuum and high pressure piping systems.
- Understand DC, AC circuits, motor control and measuring techniques.
- Responsible for understanding the proper use of engineering and maintenance documentation, which is required under GMPs.
- Examples include the Maintenance Work Order System, the Critical Change Request System, SOP documentation, Validation documentation, etc.
- Experience in bakery/food manufacturing
- Proficient in welding stick, tig, mig and gas
- Plumbing and low-pressure boiler experience
- PLC, Electrical and Mechanical experience
- Operating equipment used in industrial maintenance
- Preparing and maintaining accurate records
- Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving/analysis with the ability to multi-task
- Experience with SQF is desired