Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Machine Cleaners perform daily and in depth cleaning of all machinery, equipment and building structure. He/She will be required to dismantle, scrape, clean, and reassemble machinery. This involves use of ladders or portable stairs, safety harnesses, hoists, self-propelled aerial work platforms, water and air hoses, hand tools, power tools, housekeeping equipment, cleaning chemicals and sanitizer dilutions. The Machine Cleaners may be assigned to different tasks each day and will be responsible for other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1) Dismantle production equipment and associated equipment in preparation for cleaning and sanitizing.
2) Scrape, wash and sanitizes conveyor belts and other product handling equipment
3) Clean and sanitizes equipment using proper cleaner/sanitizer dilutions
4) Work in confined spaces and at heights up to 65#39; off of the floor
5) Clean equipment in wash room
6) Clean rest rooms, locker rooms, cafeteria/break room, offices, trash dock, stairs and platforms
7) Brush off or vacuum framework, motors, electrical boxes, pipes,
8) Clean service equipment and plant storage facilities
9) Sweep, dust, and wash floors
10) Push/pull wheeled machine parts to wash room
11) Dump waste bins into compactor
12) Operate overhead hoists, and self-propelled aerial work platforms
13) Use hand tools and power tools
14) Communicate with co-workers and supervisors
15) Neatly and accurately fill out all necessary documentation (Ex. MSS, SSOP, HACCP, ETC.)
16) Follow oral and written directions and instructions
17) Follow JSA guidelines, plant rules and regulations and safety guidelines
18) Maintain a safe, neat, and clean work area environment in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Housekeeping Practices (GHP#39;s)
19) Must adhere to all GMP and Food Safety Policies and Practices
1) Education - HS Diploma required
Compactor Floor and street brooms
Vacuum cleaner Ladders
Water Hoses Portable stairs
Pressure washer Squeegee
Air Hoses Scrub brushes
Confined Space safety equipment Doodle-bug
Self-propelled aerial work platform Cleaning chemicals
Lockout device Sanitizer
Hand tools Housekeeping Equipment
Power tools (floor scrubber, sweeper, floor buffer, etc.) Dry Mop
Scrappers long and short handled PPE
Critical Demands of the Job:
Rarely 1 - 5% (4.5 min. 25 min)
Occasionally 6 33 % (27 min. 2 hrs.45 min)
Frequently 34 66 % (3 hrs. 5 hrs.)
Continuously 67 100 % (5 hrs. 7.5 hrs.)
1) Standing or walking on concrete floors. --- Continuously
2) Climbing steps, or step ladder. --- Frequently
3) Lift, carry, and maneuver objects weighing 2## - 20##. --- Frequently
4) Lift 40 to 50## from heights up to 48". --- Rarely
5) Carry objects weighing up to 50##. --- Rarely
6) Reaching away from body at various vertical heights. --- Frequently
7) Push/pull. --- Occasionally
8) Grasping and handling with one or both hands. --- Continuously
9) Sustained reach above head. --- Frequently
10) Sustained grasping with force. --- Frequently
11) Crouch. --- Frequently
12) Crawl. --- Occasionally
13) Kneel. --- Occasionally
14) Forward bend. --- Frequently
15) Sustained neck extension. --- Occasionally
16) Visualize. --- Continuously
1) 8-12 Hour shift, overtime required. Weekdays, weekends and holidays may be required. Employees will receive 2 fifteen-minute breaks and one half hour lunch break.
2) Environment Noise levels will be high, temperature will be climate controlled in some areas and equal to ambient temperature in other areas. Lighting is sufficient and floors can be slippery.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.