Manage all shipments from Dry Premix Production locations in Carlsbad, CA & Springfield, MO. In addition, comply with all guidelines of budgeted freight spend & proper business ethics. Identify and accomplish cost savings initiatives and support Logistics manager in all shipping orders to customers.
- Manage all freight (Outbound Customer Orders & 3PL Inbound shipments) from Premix production plants in Carlsbad, CA and Springfield, MO locations.
- Responsible for scheduling a high volume amount of shipments daily, in an effective manner up to 4million in freight spend annually
- Woking Knowledge of Hazmat (DOT, IATA) & NMFC Classification to proper fill out Documents and TMS Procedures
- Work closely with Customer service, Planning and Warehouses teams to manage orders to meet their requirements and ‘must by’ delivery dates
- Work closely with freight vendors to help Logistics Manager establish clear expectations and develop/maintain carrier score cards and performance metrics
- Manage TMS (Transportation Management System) flow of transactions on Tender Acceptance, Track and Trace & Carrier Freight Pay activities within the GNNA Premix model
- Perform/Develop KPI’s and complete data analysis to build reports weekly/monthly to illustrate trends or opportunities for improvement
- Utilize SAP for all aspects of load scheduling, load completion & Invoice Reconciliation
- Manage the Premix Freight accrual process and develop KPI’s to highlight value added business on all PPA (pre-paid and add) orders.
- Maintain logistics master data in an accurate and timely manner with the TMS and report to Logistics Manager on gaps in data or communication with system based software
- Provide Monthly Freight reconciliation to Finance and Accounting as requested to establish landed cost activities
- Provide backup and support to team members in the transportation planning function as needed
- Stay current with transportation industry (local, national and international) trends, issues, government policies, etc.
- Manage all TMS DTO (Freight Pay & Audit) processing and provide weekly reporting to team members
- Help Develop/Maintain all training manuals for team members with the logistics team and provide department trainings as requested by Logistics Manager
- Serve as back up to the Transplace (TMS) super user for GNNA Business Profiles and provide feedback to the teams and vendors as needed.
- All other task’s as assigned
- Bachelor#39;s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of three to five years transportation planning experience (managing $5+ million freight spend); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to provide direction to suppliers and hold the suppliers accountable for performance.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers and other third parties, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Firm Ability Negotiate rates with vendors and recommend vendors for contracts.
- Self-directed and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively present information to management
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Hazmat Certified (Plus)
- 3-5Years Experience with LTL Management and NMFC Reporting & Negotiating
- Expert in MS Excel Functionality and reporting skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to perform under pressure and demonstrate professionalism & excellent work ethic.