Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
To supervise the operators of their Logistics team, and manage daily logisticoperations while ensuring safety, quality, and employee performance, training, and development.
- To coordinate the daily receiving of raw material and the loading and dispatch of finished goods.
- Manage Operator activity including payroll timesheets, scheduling, overtime, and overall performance.
- Monitor staff performance including the timely completion of individual performance reviews.
- Provide direction and support to Logistics Lead, and build team bench strength for coverage.
- Working with Logistics Lead, provide work instructions to a team of Logistics Operators.
- Provide excellent leadership by example from the floor to everyone on your shift, acting with honesty and integrity and ensuring that the cultural values of ASPIRE BAKERIES are being promoted for employees.
- Coordinate the timely receipt, storage, and issue of raw materials to manufacturing and the loading and dispatch of the finished products.
- Accurately record PO receipts and outbound shipment details in the company s ERP, and Warehouse Management System (SAP).
- Identify risks to inventory (high and low).
- Effectively use the RF (radio frequency) system and resolve issues.
- Work with the Inventory team to ensure accuracy of the inventory including Finished Goods, Retention Pallets, R&D Foods, and Holds.
- Participate in audits and monthly inspections.
- Liaise with transport service providers to ensure on-time deliveries of raw materials and outbound shipments to the customer.
- Complete relevant transport documentation, and daily activity reports.
- Prepare and discuss monthly action plans to address performance gaps.
- Report exceptions to Sr. Supervisor.
- Safely operate Materials Handling Equipment when required.
- Ensure a positive and constructive work environment through effective communication and the quick resolution of issues.
- Ensure all employees are aware of their responsibilities specific to food safety, legality, and quality.
- Maintain a safe work environment by keeping the work area clean and clear of hazards. Report and address unsafe conditions immediately.
- Maintain the required hygiene, safety, and quality standards on the production floor.
- Ensure all Food Safety programs are strictly adhered to.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Grade 12 (OSSGD) required.
- Previous Forklift Truck driving experience required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold a post-secondary education preferred.
- Previous Supervisory experience would be an asset preferred.
- Excellent communications skills; both written and oral.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; taking initiative to achieve results.
- Interpersonal skills to maintain positive employee relations.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Must be competent with numbers and be able to demonstrate a high degree of PC literacy.
- Trained in Health and Safety due diligence, and experience conducting Risk Assessments.
- Interpersonal skills to maintain a positive employee relations climate.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.