Our client is currently seeking a Logistics Manager for their manufacturing facility near the Reston, VA area.
•Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
•Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
•Interview, select, and train warehouse and supervisory personnel.
•Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
•Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
•Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
•Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
•Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
•Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
•Must follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’S).
•Comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
•Other duties as assigned.
• BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university is required
• 3+ years' management experience within a manufacturing environment
• Food/Beverage manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
• Strong background managing the shipment or receipt of outgoing or incoming materials and products.
• Strong background suggesting improvements to distribution procedures, and act to improve timeliness or reduce costs.