Position Title:Logistics Coordinator
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time ?
Requisition ID: 5300
Company: Day & Ross Inc.
At Day & Ross, you’ll go far.
Day & Ross is one of Canada’s largest transportation companies, serving top brands across North America. We got our start hauling potatoes in 1950, and now we have a team of more than 8,000 employees, drivers and owner operators.
We believe our people are our greatest strength – and we treat them like family. For over a decade, we’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and we were named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2018 and 2019. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
About the Role
The Logistics Coordinator ensures a positive customer experience in the movement of orders throughout North America, through carrier partners, including own assets, with a focus on claims-free, on-time service, protection and growth of revenue and margin, while meeting and striving to exceed service expectations.
How You’ll Help
• Receive, analyze, and process booking information from customers in order to identify and confirm appropriate routes, and verify service requirements.
• Understand the wide array of capabilities and scheduled of designated carriers and make appropriate matches to customer requirements.
• Understand transportation and industry market conditions throughout North America; seasonal vs. non-seasonal and communicate with the entire team issues that could impact operations as a whole.
• Negotiate rates with carriers on daily basis for short term work and as well as longer term contractual work.
• Strong understanding of the trucking industry and knowledge of customs bond, customs documentation for trans border movements.
• Maintain strong relationships, demonstrate consistent, positive energy with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience with flatbeds, vans, reefers, LTL, and Intermodal.
• Provide spot quotes on daily basis for short term and long term contractual work.
• Coordinate carrier bookings, following throughout the duration of the order, and communicating with the customer, both positive and negative occurrences as required.
• Mitigate additional charges and assist with maintaining the accuracy of carrier information.
• Responsible for the timely, accurate and appropriate escalation of issues.
• Work with analysts, managers, and customers in order to quickly resolve issues in the most efficient manner.
• Other related duties as may be required.
Your Skills & Experience:
• Post-secondary education, preferably in business, transportation, and supply chain and logistics management is considered an asset.
• Professional Industry Certifications such as SCMP, CITT and CTB will be considered an asset.
• Previous experience in transportation, freight brokerage and 3PL (third party logistics) is required.
• A suitable combination of post-secondary education and transportation experience may be considered.
• Exceptional customer service and relationship management skills.
• Advanced communication skills including the ability to relay information (verbal and written) between several parties and deliver a positive customer experience.
• Strong aptitude and skills with computers, including accuracy and efficiency in data entry and the use of MS Outlook, Excel & Word.
• Experience with AS400 and Mercury Gate an asset.
• Troubleshooting and problem solving skills, with the ability to evaluate current situation, respond quickly to changing requirements, and execute accordingly.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced setting, multitask and prioritize in a deadline driven environment; appropriate sense of urgency.
• Ability to work independently and to collaborate with others to meet customer expectations.
• Ability to work flexible hours to meet customer needs both locally and internationally.
• Strong English (written and spoken) required
• Bilingual in French and/or Spanish may be required depending on assigned customers; always an asse
To apply, visit the Careers page on our website at dayross.com.
Please note that the successful candidate will be asked to provide reference and criminal background checks prior to employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Location(s): CA - Canada : Ontario : Mississauga