CSS Farms is a multi-state agricultural business with a mission of Growing Great Together. We achieve our vision by leading the way in stewardship and solutions for every field, every load, every day.
At CSS Farms we take great pride in doing the job right and believe our best work is achieved when we work together. Farming is our way of life, we have a deep passion for the land, our families, and our communities. Our legacy is rooted in solving hard problems and tackling new business ventures.
Our Logistics Associate supports scheduling of shipments and logistics coordination of our crops as well as track shipments, manage inventories, and communicate with customers and third-party service providers.
This role joins the Logistics Coordinator and Director of Sales and Supply Chain at our Shared Services location in Kearney, NE.
- Coordinates delivery of potato freight to our customer base.
- Supports the successful delivery of internal potato seed to CSS locations.
- Verifies prices with contracted carriers and shipping companies to ensure alignment with contract terms.
- Identifies and solves unexpected, unscheduled or last-minute changes with shipping and freight with a customer service mindset.
- Coordinates back haul opportunities to minimize inefficiencies experienced by our carrier partners.
- Ensures accuracy of data entry related to freight procurement in all software.
- Supports and maintains positive relationships with freight carriers.
- Influences best practices at CSS locations by building strong working relationships with shipping and load-out department employees.
- Volunteers for and accepts assignment of other tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Transportation Management, or a related business field.
- 1+ years#39; experience in the freight brokerage industry, preferably in an agricultural capacity.
- 1+ years#39; experience in logistics, distribution, and crop/produce storage.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to resolve conflict with proven history of designing solutions for freight and shipping disruptions.
- Demonstrated initiative and independence of action in performing the responsibilities of the position to identify and implement solutions with team input.
- Proficient skill with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word).
- Ability to present information in a competent, efficient manner in communicating with the various levels of company personnel.
- Demonstrated skill in managing many projects simultaneously and prioritizing workloads appropriately using strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated strong work-ethic and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to comprehend, read, write and communicate proficiently in English and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to work with operational teams.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Market competitive salary.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- A competitive self-managed PTO program.
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.