The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Location Manager is responsible for leading the location team and focused on achieving the goals and priorities of the company and Agribusiness Simplot Grower Solutions (SGS). Priority is to ensure all location personnel has a vigorous understanding and adherence of company#39;s safety policies and procedures along with supervising operational and support staffs at the location(s); including staffing, training, order fulfillment, inventory management, budgeting, fleet management, equipment maintenance, procurement and records retention. Directly, or through subordinate supervisors, supervises and trains all operations, administrative, and application staff and may supervise other location staff.
This role is based in Marlin, Texas.
- In conjunction with Group and Simplot EHS&S function, ensures company safety programs (ex. CARE) are implemented, maintained, and regulatory requirements (i.e. DOT and environmental) are adhered to through weekly safety meetings, direct actions or management oversight. Ensures safety policies and procedures are communicated and followed along with maintaining and ensuring proper certifications.
- Provides leadership to Location in coordination with the Market Manager and Crop Advisors to ensure efficient operations along with strong customer commitment (internal and external).
- Organizes day-to-day operations resources, work practices and procedures to optimize utilization of resources and efficiency of the business. Manages operations, logistics, procurement, equipment, rolling stock, and facility improvements, which includes capital and project management accountability. Ensures effective workforce maintained by selecting, coaching, training, and managing performance of Location personnel.
- Monitors operational budgets, forecasts, and spending such as SG&A and P&L and reviews operational expenses within the Location. Evaluates labor, equipment, and adequate inventory to meet sales and delivery needs of the Location. Ensures appropriate receipt and record keeping for monitoring Location inventory. Responsible for inventory being in place at the right time.
- Manages all warehouse, delivery, and application related functions to ensure product availability, prompt delivery, and service. Inventory and product mix would be set and jointly shared with Purchasing, Sales and Area Inventory Analysts.
- Manages all office related functions to ensure appropriate receipt and record keeping of inventory, invoicing to customers, receipt of payments, and bill processing related to product and operational purchases.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
Bachelor#39;s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
5+ years related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirements of the role.
- Minimum of 5 years of similar experience in the industry or supervisory and/or management experience.
- Demonstrated focus on meeting customer expectations and working to deliver excellent customer service.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to lead, communicate and motivate teams.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to become familiar with industry related software.
- Financial acumen required.
- Advanced expertise relating to specific technology that could include some or all of the following: mechanical, equipment, record-keeping, specialized computer equipment and/or software packages, etc.
- Skills: Demonstrated supervisory, planning, organization, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Proactive in providing customer service and support beyond typical operational needs.
- Analysis and problem-solving abilities to deal with out of the ordinary assignments.
- Must have advanced interaction skills and the ability to successfully deal with people from other locations and regions.
Job Requisition ID:2689
Travel Required:Less than 10%
Location(s):Remote - USA
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian