Position Title: Local Truck Driver
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Appleton
The Truck Driver s primary responsibility is to ensure the timely and safe movement of materials (Raw & Finish) using McCain owned/leased equipment to include shipments to Americold. Responsibilities also include conducting safety inspections on the tractor and trailers, yard checks and cleaning of equipment (tractor/trailers). Other responsibilities include working in other areas of the department when not driving.
Monday to Friday 3rd Shift 10PM to 6AM
- Accountable for inspecting all trucks and trailers for safety and cleanliness.
- Complete trailer moves in a safe and efficient manner.
- Set refrigerated trailers at pre-determined temperatures for safe product storage and shipment.
- Adhere to established GMP, USDA, OSHA, plant guidelines and departmental policies as informed by the Human Resources and department leadership.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP s) and accurately complete paperwork.
- Successfully complete a certification process that demonstrates knowledge of yard driver procedures, safety requirements and job performance expectations.
- Provide backup support to the Line Support team as needed (certification required).
- All other duties as assigned.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, food fumes, airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, and loud noise levels
- Occasional bending, reaching, climbing
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures (to -10 F)
Skill and Knowledge:
- 1 to 2 years driving experience and basic knowledge of warehousing practice and procedures.
- Possess and maintain a clean driving record.
- Must have valid class A CDL license and medical certificate card.
- Forklift certified and maintain re-certification as required
McCain Foods is proud to be a family and values-driven company. Our values are integral to our culture, helping to shape how we operate, how we work together and the choices we make. They are a big part of what makes us unique. McCain Foods opened their first production facility in their hometown of Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada. McCain Foods quickly established itself within the Canadian marketplace and then began a journey to become the world's largest manufacturer of frozen French fries and potato specialties.
McCain products can be found in thousands of restaurants and supermarket freezers around the world. In addition to fries, McCain also produces other foods, including appetizers, oven meals, vegetables and juice for both the retail and foodservice industries.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
McCain offers full benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance. In addition, we offer other benefits including:
Education Reimbursement Assistance
Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Supported by science, and in line with our culture and values, we believe that being vaccinated is the most effective way to protect each other, our families, our customers, and our communities. It is therefore a requirement that the successful candidate for this role be fully vaccinated and have completed the mandatory incubation period prior to the candidate s start date with McCain, subject to reasonable accommodations if you are unable to be vaccinated for protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation (e.g. medical or religious reasons).
Division:NA Appetizer Manufacturing
Department: Appleton Prod Shift
Location(s): US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Appleton
Company:McCain Foods USA, Inc.