As a family company, Dawn Foods has been creating high-quality bakery ingredients and products for nearly 100 years, and now as a global business, we combine unmatched manufacturing and distribution capabilities with our expertise, commitment, and innovation to create bakery solutions for people all around the world.
Our drivers don’t just drive – they deliver, they interact with customers, they know our products, they make recommendations. With a hands-on delivery approach, they are the ‘face of Dawn’.
Why Drivers Choose Dawn Foods?
- Health, dental, & vision benefits available from day one!
- 401k with a company match
- Paid Time Off (Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick)
- Leased equipment
- Truck assignments
- Provided power jack.
- 80% customer pure palletized loads
- Provided company smartphone
- Provided uniforms and PPE’s
- Referral bonus
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement programs
What Our Drivers Do:
- Complete daily routes as assigned in a productive manner while adhering to all Dawn Food Products safety guidelines
- Rotate customer’s stock purchased from Dawn Food Products
- Maintain proper paperwork according to D.O.T. guidelines and Dawn Food Products procedures
- Ensure Accurate delivery of all product with minimal to no damage to freight or equipment, and with low to zero invoice error ratio
- Maintain a high level of professional communication with the teams from customer service, sales and warehouse.
- Provide courteous, professional service to all our customers.
- Occasional vendor pick up for product replenishment.
- High School Diploma or provincial equivalent
- We are an interstate carrier, by law you must be at least 21 years of age.
- Maintain a current Class A CDL license issued by the state of domicile.
- Must have a valid medical card per the FMCSA regulations.
- Must have at least 1 year of CDL-A driving experience or equivalent military driving experience.
- Must be able to operate a CMV with a manual transmission.
- Successful candidates must have a clean motor vehicle record.
- Ability to read, write with effective communication skills
- Must have general math skills
- This position must pass a post-offer background, DOT physical, and drug test.
- Beginning January 6, 2020, employers of CDL drivers must query the Clearinghouse to verify that a current or prospective driver is not prohibited from operating CMVs or performing other safety-sensitive functions due to an unresolved drug and alcohol program violation. You will need to be registered to view your own Clearinghouse record electronically or to provide electronic consent for a current or prospective employer to conduct a full query (including a pre-employment query) in the Clearinghouse. Failing to consent to a query will result in a driver being prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions for the employer conducting the query. To register, please visit the following link: https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team