Vital Farms, a Certified B Corp and pioneer of pasture-raising, offers a range of ethically sourced products nationwide. Started on a single farm in Austin, Texas in 2007, we were recently recognized as a Forbes Small Giant due to our exceptional growth and conscious business practices. We’re THE leading producer of pasture-raised eggs in the country and in 2018 became the first brand to offer pasture-raised ready-to-eat hard-boiled eggs. We introduced a pasture-raised, American-made butter in 2015 and most recently launched pasture-raised ghee butter. We raise the welfare standards for happy, healthy hens and contented cows, with products of exceptional taste and nutrition. Our products are sold in more than 10,000 grocery stores nationwide. Our corporate office is in south Austin (TX).
Overview of the Role:
The Live Production Planning Manager is responsible for leading the development of a master production schedule and overseeing its execution to ensure we never disappoint our customers! This is achieved through collaboration with our Sales team, who project the needs of the business, leading our Farm Recruitment team, who identify and onboard the next members of the Vital Farms Grower family, and partnering with many other stakeholders throughout our business to ensure Vital Farms is poised to continue to meet the demands of our growing and raving customers. The Vital Farms Live Production Planning Manager has tremendous communication skills combined with a project manager mind set. Working with multiple stakeholders to set the foundation for our growth, the ability to manage complex timelines and variables in the world of live production means never facing a challenge you don’t like and never missing a deadline.
- Partner with the Sales team to understand the long-range demand forecast. Strong collaboration with Operations, Sales, and Supply Chain will be critical to meeting business goals.
- Understand timing implications of flock placement on supply and be prepared to plan chick ordering and placement 2-3 years in advance to support the demand forecast.
- Collaborate with the Grower Recruitment function to develop an ongoing timeline and work plan for the Grower Recruitment team to ensure sufficient lead time for recruiting new Growers, construction of barns and bird placement.
- Partner with Pullet Coordinators as they track Pullet growth and quality to ensure adherence to plan.
- Partner with Compliance to monitor farm certification progress to ensure no farm ever receives birds prior to being fully certified.
- Perform as a key leader driving the incoming bird production schedule adherence and ensure there are no missteps along the way.
- Provide weekly and monthly project plan progress updates for all areas.
- BA/BS in Food/Animal Science, or Supply Chain Management
- Extensive experience with data tracking and analytical reporting
- Poultry Live Production experience preferred
- Knowledge of poultry industry & Certified Humane standards preferred
- Good verbal skills a must
- Passion for sustainable agriculture
- Good communication skills
- Organized and able to work independently
Vital Farms will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
In order to fulfill Vital Farms mission to “bring ethically produced food to the table,” we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create a welcoming and innovative environment that is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Vital Farms does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by law.