The Line Mechanic is responsible for ensuring that production machines are being operated correctly by Machine Operators, provide reactive maintenance to recover from component failures, troubleshooting and repairing within a timely manner. Provide training to line tech to minimize production errors. Assist Maintenance Techs in maintaining all plant equipment operations through PMs an rebuilds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct all scheduled preventative maintenance
- Perform required maintenance on assigned work orders
- Ensure proper tools are used when working with production equipment versus non production equipment
- Completes necessary maintenance records as required
- Accounts for all tools and parts used and/or removed
- Properly utilized "lock out/Tag out" procedures on all equipment before performing maintenance work
- Notifies supervisor of any problems or potential product risks
- Maintains work area in an orderly fashion throughout assigned shift
- Before leaving any work area, ensures it is clean and free of garbage, tools, and or parts
- Properly sanitizes or ensures that proper sanitation has taken place before unlocking or returning any piece of equipment to production.
- Ensures all work orders and assignments are completed in a timely fashion
- Assist line supervisor with technical expertise for trouble shooting and improving performance
- Participate in improvement committees and use troubleshooting tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Demonstrated maintenance and technical skills - mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and PLC. Must have the ability to operate a computerized system on a daily basis. Analytical problem solving skills and effective communication. Good English language written and oral. Must be able to work effectively in a multitasking work environment and prioritize workload. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
KRUGER FOODS REQUIRED TRAINING:
New Employee Orientation, Microsoft Word and Excel, HACCP, GMP, SQF and Safety training, other trainings as assigned..
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school degree or GED. Three to five years experience in an food manufacturing environment. Advanced certification in equipment manufacturing preferred.
The employee must have the ability to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their fingers, stand, walk and reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs or crawl. Vision abilities require close vision. Must be able to lift 50lbs regularly. The employee needs to be able to work in an environment where there are machines, machine noise and moving parts.
This position requires working near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to varying degrees of heat and/or cold around 38 to 85 degrees. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. There is regular forklift traffic in the production area.