For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur#39;s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. "Better Dairy. Better World." www.agropur.com
What this role is all about:
We are looking for Line Leaders to join our 2nd and 3rd shift Production Team in La Crosse, WI.
The Line Leader is responsible for performing and/or overseeing all tasks involved in the production of Agropur Ingredients#39; products, with primary responsibilities of leading the work crew for a specific production line. The Line Leader follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. This position is works in all areas of production as needed.
- Effectively communicate with Line Leader from previous shift:
- Report to line 15 minutes early.
- Discuss where the run is at and any issues encountered.
- Ensure safety protocols and GMP procedures are adhered to; going over policies with production operators and staffing employees as needed.
- Act as back-up and/or Assistant to the Assistant Production Supervisor as needed.
- Check blend sheet paperwork to make sure the proper components are being used (bags, pallets, fill weights, etc.), confirm that lot numbers match on product, labels, and paperwork.
- Complete pre-operation inspection log on Daily Production Record.
- Review production schedule for assigned line and check all necessary items:
- Check batched materials to ensure they are signed off by Quality Assurance and staged in proper order based on schedule.
- Ensure any special components are available as needed (oil, oil sprayer, tote dump, type of bags, etc.).
- Communicate with assigned line crew regarding daily schedule.
- Coordinate packaging needs (proper size, type, and timing) with appropriate batching employee.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications & Preferred Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred.
What we offer you:
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus#39; and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement