Works closely with Production Supervisor and team members to provide total line coordination of all supplies including packaging raw ingredients, dry ingredients and finished goods. Works with a sense of urgency to ensure line is meeting production and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads by being courteous and showing coworkers how to work according to company standards.#160;#160;#160;
- Serves as back-up in absence of Production Supervisor.
- Keeps Production Supervisor informed on employee concerns.
- Works with production team members to ensure proper daily line set-up.
- Works to continuously improve line performance by proposing enhancements.
- Assist with scheduling proper daily line staffing of employees to meet company labor requirements.
- Holds all team members accountable for line efficiencies and line effectiveness.
- Strives to reduce packaging and ingredient waste through proper employee training and tracking.
- Coordinates mixed ingredients to the proper lines and makes sure hoppers are maintained full at all times.
- Coordinates all packaging supplies to the production lines to help maintain 97% uptime.
- Works with production support team and mentors to provide adequate training to all team members.
- Checks daily case packing paperwork to ensure error free results and case counts.
- Maintains adherence to company policies, safety standards and good manufacturing practices.
- Relays information on material shortages and requirements to the departments affected.
- Assists Production Supervisor with regular meetings with team members to coordinate production, quality and safety goals.
- Maintains good employee relations to ensure company policies and procedures are met.
- Encourages maximum efficiency and productivity of production workers.
- Requests materials as necessary to maintain production standards.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Ability to resolve issues dealing with diverse groups.#160; Ability to understand and communicate effectively. Ability to read, analyze and interpret the information presented. Ability to write reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide; round decimals to the nearest whole number.#160; Be able to work professionally with team members.