At Shearer's, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
This position reports to the Continuous/Focus Improvement Manager at the Fort Worth Manufacturing Facility.
The Line Improvement Supervisor provides leadership to achieve outstanding production results on a specific production system. The Line Improvement Supervisor is accountable for driving out top losses on a 24 hour, multiple shift cycle as well as owning the data integrity of the line. This position is also accountable for weekly and 90 day plans. This individual will Coach, Lead, and provide Employee Development opportunities for their team members. This position also directs the Problem Solving on the line as well as own the DDS, CIL, Safety and Quality processes. The Line Improvement Supervisor is responsible for the development of the operating teams’ technical capability. This Individual also provides daily direction and coaching to the employees in the process, packaging, and maintenance areas to drive improvement and bring breakthrough results.
Your seat at the table
- Lead with Safety
- Function as a technical and business subject matter expert in areas of system operations and product requirements.
- Drive Continuous Improvement and Total Employee Involvement in critical success areas by empowering employees to utilize Manufacturing Excellence processes through Training, Coaching and Providing timely feedback.
- Collaborate with the Shift Supervisor in order to manage daily staffing and effective resource allocation to maximize process efficiency
- Demonstrate technical and business expertise on systems/products/technologies they are responsible for improving
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills through the use of Continuous Improvement techniques
- Show thorough understanding of the interactions between machine, materials, methods, environment, and people
- Ability to back-fill any Improvement Team position as needed to cover for absence
- Coaching, Leading and Training of Process, Packaging, and Maintenance Leads
- Facilitates development of the 90-Day Plans to address losses and build capability
- Lead debriefs for key events on the system (startups, shutdowns, changeovers, downtime's)
- Leading the Daily Direction Setting (DDS) meeting
- Weekly and Monthly review accountability of 90 day plan and result
- Provide ongoing performance feedback and coaching to team members
- Providing coaching to Shift Supervisor on night shift execution of Plan For the Day items and Reconnect specific items
- On the floor coaching of Technicians:
- PDMS (Process Daily Management Systems) Execution
- Loss Elimination
- Skill Development/Technical Mastery
- Establish and sustain effective relationships with all employees in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems
- Treats employees as the customer of Continuous Improvement tools by Coaching and Leading Problem Solving exercises.
- Helps Technicians identify, articulate and drive out losses
- Builds Technicians capability in area of equipment ownership
- Provide professional training and development for Total Employee Involvement by empowering employees to utilize Continuous Improvement tools
What you bring to the table
- BS Degree ( Engineering discipline preferred: Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical)
- 2 -3 years minimum- Supervisory experience in a high volume manufacturing environment (food and beverage industry preferred)
- Recognized technical abilities and practical experience with strong capabilities in Continuous Improvement; Food science/chemistry or packaging science; Statistics and analytical methods; Process measurement and control; Mechanical aptitude; Troubleshooting; Ability to understand and apply general engineering principles
- Demonstrated ability to coach and provide feedback to others
- Must possess ability to work a variable schedule
- Demonstrated skills in Customer Service, Problem solving, and Teaching and Training ability
- Computer skills including a working knowledge of Maintenance Connection, MIP, Infinity, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and bias for action
- Influencing and collaboration
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Learning Agility
- Process Leadership
- Technical Leadership
- Energizing and Developing People
- Servant Leadership
- Commitment to Results
- Strong communication
- Time and meeting management
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!